The Witching Hour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ceebee62
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ceebee62 »

Evening everyone :D I've been reading the posts and can't remember everything I want to comment on now LOL

I believe that Lasher is a spirit who does the will of who he "belongs" to or is passed to. I think the person who summons Lasher can use him for evil or good. Deborahs mom used him for both good and a little evil.

Interesting to think about Michaels aborted baby being in the lab. Hmmm.... wonder what if anything will become of that?

I just reread your last post about the father's always dying. But the other fathers, at least to our knowledge, haven't had the powers that Michael does.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

When Micheal's former GF chose to not have the baby, I thought Anne Rice was injecting a personal opinion that men don't have any say whether their children will be born. It's like she was making a statement about why abortion is such a hot button issue. Then the research lab & that dr not seeing anything morally or ethically wrong with what he was doing made my skin crawl. Yet Rowan was enthralled as much as she was appalled wasn't she?
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

For some reason I have to get out of this forum and then go back in to see updates?! That's why its taking so long!

I agree clean made me sick

and ceebee that brings up another question. Did Micheal get his powers from Rowan breathing life into him or from his near death experience?
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

Clean, I remember a topic on the message board concerning men's rights when it comes to abortion. I think this book was written in the 80's so I think you're right about Anne Rice making a statement.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

You're right ceebee. Micheal has some mystical sort of power. I think it's been there all his life but his drowning death made this power stronger. that 7 the fact that it wa srowan who saved him. they were meant to meet. It was fate.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I remember that topic too. I thought about it when I was reading that part.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I think Rowan breathing life into Micheal made his power stronger.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

The more I think about it you are right because he could always see Lasher as a boy
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

I think it was fate that brought them together too. And that's a good point about Michael's powers getting stronger because of Rowan. I think he's meant to help her in some way. Maybe he's going to help her control Lasher or help her to get rid of Lasher.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Did Aaron Lightner know that Micheal was going back to New Orleans so he could be on the same flight? It seems odd that Lightner would find him outside of the Mayfair house. What do you think Lightner's motive is? Is he just someome who is interested in the family or does he have an ulterior motive?
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I sure hope so ceebee that would be great!

I know too much clean, I know too much lol I don't want to ruin it for you.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I just thought about something else ceebee. What would happen if Deirdre wasn't wearing the emerald necklace? It's a very expensive piece of jewelry & yet her aunts still make her wear it...even though she's in a dressing gown & she's all withered up. And who would throw something like that in to a baby's cradle. That stone has some sort of power!
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

Where are you guys i the book? I just started Part 2 and am reading the first letter about .... can't think of his name right now rescuing Deborah.

I think I might know too much too doodle :lol:

I was thinking about the emerald necklace. It's obviously passed down to the first daughter. Possessing it doesn't control Lasher as other people have seen him. It certainly didn't help Diedra (sp) as she was doped up and Lasher didn't do anything directly to help her. But you know it has to hold some sort of power.

Also, wasn't it weird that Lasher came to Rowan when Diedra died? It's like he's bound to the family.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

ceebee I'm just beginning part 2 tonight before bed.

I know I have been holding back conversation on parts b/c I don't want to give anything away for clean.

...and yes a lot to say about that last part Ceebee
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

Sorry if I've said too much clean. :(
(love these emoticons :lol: )

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”