The Witching Hour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gfilm
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gfilm »

Congrats JD, I saw this and I am excited of for you.

I know she is tiny but she will be strong and kind just like her mum. :)

I am happy for you and wish you and your family all the best...and rest!
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

Thanks Ceebee!
-
Thank you Godiva! I saw what you and Harley said last night before the deleter got to it. :roll: She is pretty strong already. She has a tight grip for someone so little.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I've started reading chapter 29. I can't say I like Carlotta much at this point. I know she wanted to break the Mayfair tie to Lasher & that she wanted to save Rowan, but what she did was so terribly wrong. I do admire her for her ability to stand up to Lasher by refusing him to gain control over her though. I'd also like to know who killed Stuart Townsend. Did everyone who lived in that house know his corpse was rolled up in a carpet for all those years :?:
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

Hi Clean, I've just started Chapter 30. That Carlotta was one sick women. I think seeing so much at a young age combined with her having so much conviction turned her hard and cold. She was ready to do almost anything to get rid of Lasher. She was not thinking of her family as human beings but rather body's without a soul used by Lasher.

Jdlovr07
You should post a picture with your avi. :)
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I can't imagine being told that you & most of your female relatives were born from incestuous relationships. That & having to go in to that house that is falling down & smelly & rotting. I know Rowan believes she killed Carlotta, But I think Carlotta was ready to die. She had tried to break the Mayfair curse, but in the end she knew she had lost the battle.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I also wondered if Carlotta knew that this was going to happen. Didn't she have that ability? And did she provoke Rowan to do it on purpose? She stated many times that she had prayed for God to take her.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

That makes sense because she was reading Rowan's thoughts wasn't she. I think she needed to wait for Deidre to die & Rowan to come back. It's like she needed some sort of closure.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

That's what I'm thinking clean. And with Rowan being the stronger of the Mayfair women or "witches" this was the perfect time to go.
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

Doodle that's a great idea! I'll do that once I upload the pics to my computer.
---

I completely agree with what you guys are saying about Carlotta. I think she wanted Rowen to kill her. Not only was she ready to go but Carlotta seems a bit evil so I think that in her head she knew that provoking Rowan to kill her would cause Rowan alot of guilt. So she was getting what she wanted and hurting Rowan at the same time.
-
I'm torn about who killed Stuart Townsand(sp?). I have a feeling it's either Carlotta or Cortland. I think that everyone in the house knew the body was up in the attic and they chose to ignore it.
-
You know when I first started reading this book I was thinking wow how cool is this family? They kind of know their history, they have a house that has been in the family for decades, and portraits from generations... Now my thoughts are more along the line of my god these people are messed up.
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Hey Guys! Yes, JD post a pic. :)

I just finished the chapter also. I think that Carlotta realizes that her family belongs to Lasher and is there specifically for him. Maybe thats why she sees them as just bodies, and dispensable?

I think she was ready to die also, knowing that her life and her family has been one big pool of incest, betrayal and abnormality.

I think the incest was for a reason, kind of like when the English married within themselves to keep the bloodline pure. Perhaps for a bigger and pure source of power?
Seniyajw

Post by Seniyajw »

I think it was fate that brought them together as well. And it's a good point about power is increasing due to Michael Rowan. I think it's intended to help in any way. Maybe it will help to control or help get rid Lasher Lasher.
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Ok so I was only able to get a few chapters in this week but I am almost done with the book, not too far...

I was offended for Rowan a bit that the family did not want to be honest and straight with her about all the legacy, the investments, and money.

Also I feel Michael is getting weak in his powers etc and Rowan stronger...

You can see how much she loves Michael and how much he loves her but at the same time, although he doesn't mind getting mixed up in all this family stuff...I think she is realizing how it can affect him possibly.

So I guess at the end, look forward to a showdown with Lasher etc?
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I agree Godiva but Rowan certainly held her own. I also feel that Rowan is much stronger in power and that says a lot for Micheal, that it does not intimidate him like it would most men.

>>>>>

Are you guys boycotting the vmb?
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

:D :D :D Hi everyone......I'm almost finished the book too. Rowan & Micheal got married & now they're off on their Honeymoon in Florida. I honestly think they need to be totally honest with eachother about Lasher revealing himself. Lasher knows Rowan will not tell Aaron or Micheal that she's talked to him so he won't hurt them. Still, it's like reverse blackmail in my opinion. Lasher is getting what he wants by making Rowan think she has the upper hand & she doesn't.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

Hi Clean, love all the smilies :)
I guess I got a little behind then. I just started part three so I tried not to digest all of what you were saying. I need to catch up! lol

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”