The Witching Hour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
D00dlebugs78
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I will say this though Ceebee Lasher wants Rowan at that house. I think that's where he has the most power.
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

Agree doodle, maybe that house has some powers of its own.

I'll try to get on a little later or tomorrow. Husband just got home and needs some attention LOL
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Now I have to read ahead to find out about this person Debrah(sp?)......I have to go to bed now....working tomorrow :(

I 'll catch up again tomorrow. This was such a great idea to come to the bok club. No nasty deleters to spoil our fun :D :D :D
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

OMG! My computer died so I couldn't be here again. I love some of the stuff you guys are talking about. I so agree that Anne Rice was talking about fathers rights when she brought up Michael's ex having an abortion. I've read this book a couple of times and that has never occured to me before.
Lasher is complicated... Ugh! I can't wait for you guys to read the rest of this book. I think that Rowan and Michael are meant to be together. I can't wait for you guys to read the history of the Mayfairs. It's so interesting and twisted.
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Hi All! I have been traveling so not really been around, only popped online here and there.

I also think they are meant to be together. :) <3

Post more when the jetlag is over!

Hugs all around!
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I know we said this book club would be a once a week thing, but I can't stay away that long. Good to see you back godiva.......we missed you! :D
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Heya Clean, aw, you are a sweetie, ty.

I wrote some notes and had some questions, I will come back and write them when I get home from work tonight. :P

How far along is everyone because I don't my questions to be spoilers?

Ok I am back now so some thoughts and questions.

Firstly, I love the characters or Rita and Deirdre, and of course, the mains.

I like Michael but at the same time I am kind of bored with him, I am not sure why. He just does not seem multi- dimensional if that makes sense.

Clean you said "Did Aaron Lightner know that Micheal was going back to New Orleans so he could be on the same flight? It seems odd that Lightner would find him outside of the Mayfair house. What do you think Lightner's motive is? Is he just someone who is interested in the family or does he have an ulterior motive?"

Aaron has his own agenda IMO. Not quite sure but he has high interest in Michael and the family.

As far as Lasher, I know Lasher is evil but at the same time I find his evil in some twisted way ...romantic? lol. I guess maybe this is the only form of love he can show or only actions he has and also to live...so he goes by what he knows.

Anyway, how far along is everyone on this book? I guess Doodle left us in the dust hehe.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I think Lightner does have an ulterior motive godiva. He belongs to a really old society called The Talamasca...We watch & we are always here...what do you suppose that means? That Lightner & Micheal were on the same flight to New Orleans is not a fluke. Why would Lightner know to find Micheal at the Mayfair house?
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Well, the Talamasca in the other books (vampire), they were a society of the paranormal to watch and learn, but never be of it.

So he obviously knows about the family and also Michael.

But I guess what he wants to do with that or his own involvement, I don't know yet.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

haha Godiva I don't know about that ....

I haven't read much the past couple days. This second part is slowing me down. I was pretty sickened by the witch burning details. Also the description of Deborah (at the age of twelve) by Petyr was so hard for me to read. I know that at the time of these documents it was acceptable but I found it disgusting. As they aged I could handle it a little better though.

Oh and I have a question for you Godiva. On this forum I cannot get updates unless I get out of this thread then get back in. I can't refresh with the refresh button or with F5. Any suggestions? I have firefox moxilla if the browser has anything to do with it. I just switched from google chrome b/c I thought that was the problem.
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

I won't be able to get back to my reading till tonight after True Blood+ Entourage+ Falling skies lol. I am going away this week so I hope to relax and read.

If you have subscribed to the thread you should get emails when anyone posts.

If you bookmarked it, then when you come to the page it shows you the page you bookmarked and you have to refresh.

Anytime I come in, it shows me what people wrote and then when I have to write something it directs me to log in.

Once you are logged in, to refresh with f5 should be ok. I am on Firefox too. :wink:
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I never get emails that show notifications from this site, only one to confirm that I joined. I went to my profile page and the box is checked yes to get them. I'm always logged in because I created a short cut on my desk top. When I try to refresh, this is the message I get......

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

I was always afraid to hit resend b/c I thought it would repeat the post I just sent. But now that I look at the message again, it doesn't say that, just search or order confirmation will be repeated. So I'll try that.

Thanks so much for your help Godiva. I sooo envy your computer knowledge! :)

.....and how in the world do you read that many books at the time sheeesh! I would be so confused. Lol
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Hehe np below the box when you reply it says "notify when a reply is posted" thats usually better than Bookmarking cause you will get email on a reply and the bookmark is not fresh. :)

And if you ever need any tech help I am always a holler away.

Yeah, I love GRR Martin been waiting years for this last book so wanting to read it and wanting him to get going on the last two he promised before he passes on heh.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

yep that box (notify me when a reply is posted) is checked but still did not receive an email :(

What the heck am I doing wrong? I feel so incompetent. lol
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

D00dlebugs78 wrote:yep that box (notify me when a reply is posted) is checked but still did not receive an email :(

What the heck am I doing wrong? I feel so incompetent. lol
Sorry for intruding but have you clicked on the Watch this topic for replies ... its at the bottom left of the page just under where it says Page 5 of 5?
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”