The Witching Hour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gfilm
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gfilm »

I really liked this book but glad about the help.

JD, regarding your card, is it a SD card or SDHC card (smaller or bigger) and when you insert it into the PC slot, nothing comes up in a pop up window?

Sounds like if it read at the store then maybe might be your reading slot.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Anne Rice knows how to write......& I never was interested in the Twilight book series. I'll take Anne Rice or Stephen King over those silly Vampire books any day :!:

We should put our heads together & map out a geneology chart of the Mayfairs. I'd also like to know more about the men. Lasher must of had some control over them especially in regards to all the incest that went on over so many generations. I'm sure there is so much about Lasher we just don't know.
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

Godiva- It's an SD and it probably is our card slot. My computer is on it's last leg. I ordered a new one and should get it next week. It's one of the new macs... I can't wait. Lol.

Clean- It would be fun to try to chart out the family tree! I wonder if we could do it. I agree about Lasher. There's alot we don't know about him and even if we read the other two in series I'm sure there will still be a lot of questions. That's how Anne Rice writes. She always leaves you wanting more... I still miss Lestat :(
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

I agree, Clean...Vampires that don't start on fire or turn to ash when the sun is up but instead look like diamonds???

I read the books but I was disappointed, but do like the love story and conflict etc in there.

But the writing itself I felt was being done by a 16 yr old.

Anyway, I should have the ebook of The Help on file somewhere, I can share it on my 4shared sometime soon if you need.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I went out & bought the book...so far I'm really enjoying it. I've got to say that I have no point of reference to understanding (:shock:) southern culture & race relations. I'm Canadian & we didn't have "help", so not allowing the maid to use the employer's bathroom is just weird! You'll see what I mean when you start reading the book. We should wrap up The Witching Hour some time in the next week or so & then move on to The Help. But, I really want to make sure we have proper closure & all Q's are answered.
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

I am going to a resort later today (supposed to have been earlier) but I will create just the basic code for the forum on Sunday probably and Clean, when I do, I will give you the Url, can you log in (create acct) and create the thread and start it up if you can.

It will be a full functional board etc but I won't finish the design probably till Next week, takes an hour or so, depending.

I am taking The Help also to read when hubby goes to sleep lol.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Gfilm wrote:I am going to a resort later today (supposed to have been earlier) but I will create just the basic code for the forum on Sunday probably and Clean, when I do, I will give you the Url, can you log in (create acct) and create the thread and start it up if you can.

It will be a full functional board etc but I won't finish the design probably till Next week, takes an hour or so, depending.

I am taking The Help also to read when hubby goes to sleep lol.
Aw, dont you like this board? :wink:

If you do have any suggestions for this place then just let us know, i hope you do remain a member of this forum as well as a new one, the more the merrier here.
You only live once.....so live!
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

We love this board Moderator person. Can we have a chat group on this forum as well as a book club? No one is going anywhere. We've already made plans to read another book. Have a fun weekend :!: :!: :!: :D
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Hi Stephen, we are definitely here to stay for book and fun stuff.

We came from another board as a group and it has been overwhelmed with deletions and cannot talk about anything much less a book.

Wanted a private area to share pics or stories etc.

Yeah, like clean said a Cbox would be awesome!

And I have perused here for a while before posting this year so you have always had me as a fan:P

And also, less work for me. :)

BTW...I am sad now, am at the resort, and its raining badly. :(

Going to crack open The Help lol.
Mars

Post by Mars »

So this is where all the cool people from the other board disappeared to. Sorry I missed out on The Witching Hour.
Sounds like it was a good book.

Heard tons of great reviews about The Help. I'll pick up a copy
and start it so I can keep up with everyone.

BTW, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks things are just crazy at the VMB. I hope it's okay if I join you here. I can't stand it over there anymore. No mods and the vile language is just too much!

And sending jdlovr and baby Niobe {{{hugs}}} ♥♥
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

@ Cleanplate, Gfilm and Mars, that sucks about the other board deleting posts etc, you are more than welcome to stay here and even branch into different forums....hope to see you around and happy reading :D
You only live once.....so live!
TikkeUmlanapar

Post by TikkeUmlanapar »

cant wait to read it. still i dont get my copy which i ordered :(
hope its comes by tomorrow. ill finish it up in a week.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Hi mars......welcome...we're happy to see you here on the book forum :D :D :D !!!! Things are just too much on the VMB. I check in but the fighting, cussing, & name calling are way too much to have to put up with. It would be great if we could have a chat room on this forum. Fingers crossed X X X.......we can get a group together who are fun, informed & respectful.
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

Hi Mars!!! Niobe and I are sending ((((hugs)))) back!
--
I just picked up a copy of The Help today. Hoping to start it tonight.
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

Evening everyone -- started reading The Help yesterday. Great book so far. It's so hard to believe that this happened just a couple of decades ago. Looking forward to discussing the book and the all the feelings that comes with it.

Clean, will you start a new thread for this book? What chapters do you think we should all try to get to by next Tuesday?

Looking forward to seeing a picture of your sweet little one JD!

I'll try and check in tomorrow night for some details. Have a great evening and day tomorrow all :D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”