The Witching Hour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mars
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mars »

Thanks, cleanplate. Nice to be around the "sane" people. LOL ;) The other place is just getting stranger and stranger every day. IMO, all the great members have moved on or are moving on and the only ones left seem to like the drama. <yawn>

I didn't get a chance to pick up a copy of the The Help yet but might be able to get one tomorrow or Tuesday. Can't wait to start it. I wanted to see the movie but really want to read the book before I see it.

I don't really know if any of you were affected by the storm this past weekend but if you were, I hope there wasn't much damage around your area and you are safe and dry. ♥
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Hey all, I got back from mini- vacation early early this morning. It was so nice, and now back to work lol. My bereavement time is over so I am back now but today I get to work from home which isn't too bad.

Yay, I am glad you guys made it to the forums.

I don't think has seen the request yet for a new thread for the help so I will just start it real quick.

Edit: Just started The Help, Book Club Discussion thread.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

Hey you guys!!! Been a while since I've posted. Hope everyone got through the Hurricane Okay. Looks like we gained a few members :). I just got "The Help" today! I'm so excited! I heard that it was wonderful. I'll check back later to see how far everyone is. I probably have some catching up to do as I see a few have already started reading. :)
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Hi CeeBee......I just posted about our book club on the VMB. I've only just started myself, so we should meet tonight & decide as a group how much we'll read every week if that's OK. I'll check back in later today, but tonight's meeting is a go. :) :) :)

Post by 9395 »

Are any of you still reading the withching hour I love Anne Rice I got all the way to the romantic interlude in Tiburon With Michael and the herione I forgot her name (It was a bit much) and then I had to turn the book back in I'm looking to get back into it
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Pups, bumping in case you're around....and above poster, no, was finished a while back but sure members here are reading it. It's pretty good.
Hawkcat
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hawkcat.html

Post by Hawkcat »

One of my favorite books, and probably by far the best one Anne Rice has ever written. I have been disappointed with some of her later work.
1boris2karly

Post by 1boris2karly »

I read this book years ago and feel it is one of Anne Rice's best books! I am planning to read it again. The story had me on the edge of my seat and is one of the only books beside "The Shining" that has scared the heck out of me! Loved it :)
JessiFox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessifox.html

Post by JessiFox »

I've reread this one so many times over the years, and it continues to be one of my favorites. It just amazes me how thorough Anne was with this one...I was so enthralled; and even the 4th time around I'm still getting caught up in different, equally interesting details. She pulled off something brilliant with this one, in my opinion.
Kitty85

Post by Kitty85 »

I read the whole saga YEARS ago, I started it when I was 16... now I'm 28, boy, am I so old? I read in the reviews reading it under candlelit would enhance the experience... and it did! But there was something that really bothered me! Anne Rice would mix up her description of the characters from time to time.

My favourite witch was the unfortunate Deirdre Mayfair, the only witch that really fell in love with Lasher.
Gracies Mammy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracies-mammy.html

Post by Gracies Mammy »

I read The Witching Hour for the first time over 20 years ago....and it grounded me in a love for rich detail. Yes, just as posted above, Anne Rice makes you see and smell the Garden District. In fact, on my first trip to New Orleans three years ago, the house she wrote the series in was for sale and it looked exactly as my mind pictured it from her descriptions. Just wish I could have seen the pool in the backyard!
darkfae2317
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Outlander Series
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkfae2317.html
fav_author_id: 2373

Post by darkfae2317 »

The Witching Hour is one of my favorites! I've reread it so many times over the years! Looks like it's time to read it again!
lisateb
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisateb.html
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig

Post by lisateb »

This is one of my all time favorite books!! I read it for the first time when I was in middle school, and have read it many times again over the years. I really enjoy the family tree aspect of the book! I also love Rowan and Michael's relationship. I truly wish there was an entire spin off of Stella and her story. I don't want to spoil anything for people who aren't too far in it, but there are some stranger points but overall, it's a great read!
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig
queenofjacks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenofjacks.html

Post by queenofjacks »

I haven't read this one yet! I just put it on my list to read, and I can't wait to read it.
ginny91
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by ginny91 »

One of my all time favorite books. I usually don't want to re-read books, however, this book is an exception. I loved it and the characters. I was so excited to know there were follow up books. Not one of those books you can read in a day and move on. The book was detailed, some times I went back and re-read parts to know who was who, and many years later I still remember the book and want to read it again.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”