The Witching Hour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jdlovr07
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jdlovr07 »

The family tree is a bit difficult. You can google Mayfair witches family tree and some stuff pops up but none of it is very good. There's a book out called "The Witches' Companions (the lives of the Mayfair Witches)" by Katherine Ramsland. I haven't read it but my friend did and said it's pretty good. It kind of lays everything out in an encyclopedic way. He also said to wait to read it if you plan on reading all 3 books since it will give things away.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

Jdlovr07
Thanks for that info. I will have to check it out. Pretty funny though that you may have to google the family tree to get the characters straight. Lol
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

Doodle- no problem. I've read the Witching Hour a couple of times before so it isn't as difficult to keep the family straight as it was the first time I read it... fyi it's gets more complicated in the other two books. My advice is to not worry about where most of the cousins come from and just focus on the witches and their immediate family otherwise it can drive you a little crazy.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I just finished reading chapter 7. I'm hoping a lot of things will come together in the next few chapters. We should put together a family tree so we can keep those Mayfair women straight. Why do you suppose Ellie made Rowen promise she'd never go back to New Orleans? It's like Ellie knew no good could come of it...but why? Why would Rowan keep that promise? She's Deidre's daughter & she has the right to know her family's history.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

clean I think that it has a lot to do with her fear of Lasher visiting Rowan if she goes back there. I think the whole purpose of keeping Rowan away is b/c of him.

I want to say more but I'm afraid to give anything away.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Lasher is still quite mysterious to me doodle. I know he probably killed Deidre's father, but why? I also know Lasher has a strange hold on some of the Mayfair women, but Ellie was a distant cousin, but was she a witch too?
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

Clean- I think alot of it has to do with Lasher. There's some other stuff that comes out later that will make things more clear. I really like the idea of making a family tree. Most of the one's I found aren't very good. You'd think Anne Rice would have one up on her site but she doesn't.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I found some good ones as well but it won't let me copy and paste or post the link on this forum
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Is Lasher a living person or a ghost?
Jdlovr07

Post by Jdlovr07 »

Clean- Lasher is... well he's a "spirit". It's complicated. Lol.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

I thought he was the Devil ?

Where did everyone go?!

*crickets*
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

No worries d00dle...I'm still here. So lasher is a kind of spirit. What power does the emerald have? I was wondering because it's been handed down to all of the Mayfair women. When Diedre dies Rowan should get it because she's the next in line. Will the gem protect her from something sinister?
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

wow clean I never thought of the emerald as a protection but more of a curse. Everyone that has owned it died a horrible death. May be I'm looking at it the wrong way.

I thought Lasher was the Devil but may be I should have said an evil spirit.

and the only power I know of thus far with the emerald is that it always returns to its rightful owner. But we may find out more about it later.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I'm thinking Rowan needs to have the necklace d00dle. She needs to know about her birth mother too. I know Ellie was terrified to know her daughter would go back to New Orleans. The aunts are strange, but she needs to meet her Mom. Oh...and what about Micheal's concern that they made love without birth control? He wants kids but whatever evil is lurking out there doesn't seem to want any fathers lingering even though the Mayfair women died soon after their babies were born.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

Clean I agree Rowan needs to know everything and like I said I don't want to say to much to give anything away about that. I do not, however want Rowan to have that Jewel. I just have a feeling that its evil as well.
I could be wrong about that Jewel though.

and yeah I think there will be another Mayfair baby in the picture soon.

...and I also wonder if that stem cell research will come in to play with that new baby! I wonder if Micheal's lost child will be in that research lab and help the new baby some how!!!!!! I may be reading to deep but its a thought!OR Maybe help Micheal since like you said the Father always dies!!!! There has to be a reason that was brought into the story.

I'm loving these questions Clean its really making me think about the story more in depth!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”