The Witching Hour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gfilm
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Witching Hour

Post by Gfilm »

Hello all.

Some of us from a non-book board wanted to come and talk about the Witching Hour as that as our book of the month we have going so far.

We just started.

Excited to read more.
:P
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

Well, I've read the 1st 2 chapters & it's so much better than I expected. Anne Rice has managed to really make me want to read more about Micheal & his desire to meet the woman who probably saved his life. I've always been facinated with people who say they died & came back to life. Micheal came back with a psychic gift. He's afraid of what has happened to him & he's decided to drink to forget. I do think that from what I've read so far he's always had the ability to see dead people. I think the man he kept seeing when he was a small boy will play a key role as the book progresses.
JoanJowee

Post by JoanJowee »

Hi all! I had given up on the book club idea because of all the deletions. Thanks so much Clean and Godiva for not giving up♥. I will now go and download the book onto my Kindle. What I'm not sure of is how to find my way back here.
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Hey Joan just copy the link up top.

Also have it posted on the other mb but its bound to be deleted.

I found the first chapter to be good as far as introduction, Michael Curry especially for some reason, just like the way Anne Rice writes.
Kdor11

Post by Kdor11 »

This is my favorite series by Anne Rice by far, although I'm not exactly happy with the very last book (but I won't ruin it for ya! :wink: ) Happy reading and hope you enjoy the first book as much as I did!
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

This is great! I finally got my book today! Just waiting for some quiet time to read it. lol Can't wait :)
Kathyvt

Post by Kathyvt »

I'm about 100 pages in, and although I've read it before, I'd forgotten all the back history on Michael. It's different reading it when you already know where it's going, so let me just say I can't wait to get just a bit further in the story. Can't wait to see what you all think about the stories of the Mayfair women!
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

So far I like it and Anne Rice is colorful with her descriptions lol.
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

Thank you doodlebug for getting me here! Now I'm not sure if this is actually posting or not. So let's consider this a test to discuss The Witching Hour by Anne Rice.

I've enjoyed the book so far. I also love the way Anne Rice describes the scenes and smells. I can close my eyes and smell the flowers and as hot as it's been lately, I can feel the oppressive heat! I told my husband that I'd really like to go to New Orleans for a visit to the Garden District.
Last edited by Ceebee62 on 12 Jul 2011, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
D00dlebugs78

Post by D00dlebugs78 »

Glad you made it Ceebee . Yes your post worked :D I am only starting the second chapter b/c I just got my book today. So far, like cleanplate, I think it is so much better than I expected! I enjoy the detailed descriptions of the background and characters as well as the mystery. I will come back later to post when I have read a little more. :D
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

I just got home from work, but boy am I happy to see my View friends here. I've read the 1st 2 chapters & i'm loving this book. Micheal is a very intense man. He has a passion to learn & yet still loves restoring old homes. I was really moved by how he wanted his girlfriend to have the baby. I think Anne Rce wanted her readers to see that men are as passionante about having children as women. This could make for a very lively discusson, don't you think.
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

Clean he is my favorite so far, and I was also surprised and moved by that too.

I really was kind of surprised at how passionate he seems.

I am learning there is more back story on him so its really interesting.
Cleanplate

Post by Cleanplate »

He's very intense...super sensitive & I honestly think he's had this "gift" all of his life only he hasn't realised it yet.
Ceebee62

Post by Ceebee62 »

I don't want to spoil it for those who aren't as far along, but I've just started reading Part 2 -- The Mayfair Witches. Along with the scenes, I just love the history and description of the main characters. I mean, can't you just picture the old house, the overgrown flowers and gardens, Dierdra in the rocking chair on the porch, Miss Carl, the englishman, Aaron Lighter ..... I love a book that you can escape into! Again, don't want to say too much. :D
Gfilm

Post by Gfilm »

I am gonna settle down and read some more in a bit and I am looking forward to it.

Yes, all the imagery, I can picture it, I love the way she writes.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”