What is your Favorite Non-Fiction book?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Do you like Fiction or Non-Fiction better?

Fiction
80%
Non Fiction
20%

Total votes: 20

DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your Favorite Non-Fiction book?

Post by DATo »

anshu 14 wrote:900 days by Harrisson Salisbury.
This non-fiction book describe the strategy and events leading to the siege of Leningrad with great details. A rare insight to the life in a city where people are struggling to stay alive, fighting hunger and also trying to win a war. Though a rather sad recollection of incidents but I like the level of research gone in this work and also the fact it leaves you filled with a lot of emotions.
Ditto from DATo !
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
zarinss

Post by zarinss »

Lost Moon (also titled Apollo 13) is great! As you can tell from the alternate title, it is about Apollo 13, but it also include good stories from many other parts of Jim Lovell's life with NASA.
Lakrits
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakrits.html

Post by Lakrits »

-American on Purpose: The Unlikely Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot by Craig Ferguson
-Moab Is My Washpot by Stephen Fry
-Instrumental by James Rhodes

All of the above are autobiographies.
Craig and Stephen are two of my favourite celebrities and I loved reading their stories. Craig told a very honest and revealing story and his book will always stick with me. Stephen's first autobiography was brilliant and I adored it. I've read his other two (The Fry Chronicles and More Fool Me) as well, but neither of them could live up to Moab Is My Washpot.
I'm currently reading Instrumental by James Rhodes and so far it's been a very intense and heartbreaking ride. I love the way James writes and I love his wit and his brutal honesty. The way he writes about the love he feels for his son made me tear up multiple times and it's unbelievable what that man has been through in his life. No person should have to suffer the way he did (and still does).

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”