For the love of Harry Potter!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Butterbescotch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Butterbescotch »

^Why? Whatsamatter? :!: :!:
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

Butterbescotch wrote:Yes, it's a bit sad. if ever Rowling would continue,I can't imagine the series without the dynamic duo :cry: :cry:

Trivia: George's wife is the girlfriend of Fred.

------

Nothing dynamic. Maybe I want to remove the Chapter about Grawp. <_< Also it would have been good, if Harry yield two wands. You know, Stupefy in the Right and Stupefy in the Left. Although, they did used it once but that was a bummer <_<

----

Is the dragon in the Gringott's break is the same as the dragon of Hagrid in the first book?
I know, no more Weasley's Wizard Weezes :cry:

I kinda liked the bit about Grawp. He was kinda sweet in weird sort of way. Plus, it was nice that Hagrid had somebody to kind of fill part of the void that Aragog left behind. And you have to appriciate the way he scooped up the wicked old witch with a capital B Umbridge and put her in her place. Kinda reminded me of Little Bunny Foo Foo. LOL!!!

The two wands thing is an interesting proposition, but I think Harry was wise to put The Deathstick away in the end. Too much bad blood and bloodshed connected to it. Besides Harry would have to be a bit of an arogant git to weild two wands, and he's just not like that. Ron would've done it if given the chance, but we all know that would never end well. :shock: Not with his clumsy nature.
Last edited by Teesie on 30 Apr 2011, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Butterbescotch wrote:^Why? Whatsamatter? :!: :!:
Did you mean in real life, because I find that shocking but funny. Lawls.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." - Dean Koontz
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

^I'm not sure which, Jacob. All I know is that I don't recall George being married. The only Weasly sibling I know of that was married was Bill, who married Fleur Delacour the Veela. I'm not sure about the marital status of Oliver Phelps though.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

@Teesie

Yea Grawp did something. Maybe I was just too thick on OoTP. Grr!
I guess you're right, Harry Potter would be arrogant if we did. Why didn't I think of that? XD

----

I think George married the girlfriend of Fred. I heard it from the Documentary of J.K. Rowling when she was making the family tree of the Weasleys, Potter, and Etc.

I forgot whose the spouse of Luna Lovegood. I love her character/personality, it's eerie :]
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

Butterbescotch wrote:@Teesie

Yea Grawp did something. Maybe I was just too thick on OoTP. Grr!
I guess you're right, Harry Potter would be arrogant if we did. Why didn't I think of that? XD

----

I think George married the girlfriend of Fred. I heard it from the Documentary of J.K. Rowling when she was making the family tree of the Weasleys, Potter, and Etc.

I forgot whose the spouse of Luna Lovegood. I love her character/personality, it's eerie :]
I do seem to recal an interview where JK mention that he married Angelina Johnson and they had 2 children, a girl named Roxane and Fred II.

I always thought that Luna would marry Nevil, but in fact she married Rolf Scamander, and Nevil Longbottom married Hanna Abbott. I really like Luna to she's unique.
Lola82

Post by Lola82 »

Teesie wrote:
Butterbescotch wrote:So Tessie, do you want something to be added or removed in the series?
Well, I do wish the beautiful Draco Malfoy could've been more of a good guy, but the most attractive guys are almost always evil :? Oh, and Fred should not have had to die!!!

I really liked that Malfoy was uncompromisingly bad/evil; he is definitely a product of his environment, and I appreciated it so much that Rowling did not compromise the character she created. I mean, at the end she could have had him turn sides and repent, but she stayed true to her convictions and character's personality. His evilness enhanced the dichotomy of good vs. evil throughout the text; she did such an amazing job layering themes and creating a dynamic series that wasn't one dimensional.

As an aside, I heard or read somewhere that she originally was going to kill Mr. Weasley, but since they've already lost so much, she decided to spare him but kill Fred instead, which was sad, but it would've been more heart breaking if Harry lost another father figure! I definitely agree the dynamic duo would be sorely missed; I looved their antics throughout the series. They were so hilarious.
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

Butterbescotch wrote:So Tessie, do you want something to be added or removed in the series?
Well, I do wish the beautiful Draco Malfoy could've been more of a good guy, but the most attractive guys are almost always evil :? Oh, and Fred should not have had to die!!!

Lola82 wrote:I really liked that Malfoy was uncompromisingly bad/evil; he is definitely a product of his environment, and I appreciated it so much that Rowling did not compromise the character she created. I mean, at the end she could have had him turn sides and repent, but she stayed true to her convictions and character's personality. His evilness enhanced the dichotomy of good vs. evil throughout the text; she did such an amazing job layering themes and creating a dynamic series that wasn't one dimensional.

As an aside, I heard or read somewhere that she originally was going to kill Mr. Weasley, but since they've already lost so much, she decided to spare him but kill Fred instead, which was sad, but it would've been more heart breaking if Harry lost another father figure! I definitely agree the dynamic duo would be sorely missed; I looved their antics throughout the series. They were so hilarious.
Now that you mention it, I think you're right about Draco.
Lola82

Post by Lola82 »

I think Severus was quite brave. But he was also as cunning and wise as he was brave. I mean you know he had to be thinking of what the Dark Lord would do to him if he even got an inkling of what he was really doing. I knew he was gonna turn out good in the end. My little sister and I have gotten into some really heated debates over Snape. He's always been my favorite character from the start. Well him and Hermione, but I only ever liked her because she reminds me so much of myself.
I think Snape is one of the more intriguing characters in the book. He really did embody good AND evil. He was eventually on the good side and he did everything in his power to save Harry as promised to Dumbledore, but simultaneously he went out of his way to make Harry's life miserable. I mean, talk about a teacher bullying students!
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

Lola82 wrote:
I think Severus was quite brave. But he was also as cunning and wise as he was brave. I mean you know he had to be thinking of what the Dark Lord would do to him if he even got an inkling of what he was really doing. I knew he was gonna turn out good in the end. My little sister and I have gotten into some really heated debates over Snape. He's always been my favorite character from the start. Well him and Hermione, but I only ever liked her because she reminds me so much of myself.
I think Snape is one of the more intriguing characters in the book. He really did embody good AND evil. He was eventually on the good side and he did everything in his power to save Harry as promised to Dumbledore, but simultaneously he went out of his way to make Harry's life miserable. I mean, talk about a teacher bullying students!
Tell me about it.

So does anybody have any pets named after HP characters? I once had a big fuzzy orange cat I named Crookshanks, and my sister had a dog she called Draco.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

My friend has two goldfish called Harry and Hermione.

On the subject of characters, my favourite is Ron. He cops a lot of flack being Harry's best friend but always comes up smiling!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

Maud Fitch wrote:My friend has two goldfish called Harry and Hermione.

On the subject of characters, my favourite is Ron. He cops a lot of flack being Harry's best friend but always comes up smiling!
Not to mention he grew up quite nice too! :lol:
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

I don't have pet but we have a family pet: two cats. It's a bit sad though, I had to see the other one being thrown away. They have no names so :roll: :roll:

-----

@TS

Can you change the title to just Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, for uniformity.

------

I think Rowling changed Draco. He was already good at the last book. You know when he didn't tell if it truly was Harry, at the Malfoy's Mansion.

------

What was the most heart-breaking moment in the series?
- I think I'll have to go with Dobby. It was really sad to see him die out of his loyalty and courage. And I really hate when the movie remove the part where Harry was supposed to give Dobby a pair of socks in his tomb. Grrr!

- Oh, before I forgot. When Snape was dying, he requested for Harry to look at him. He was doing that so he can see Lily's eyes once more. How Sweet! <3 <3 <3
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

Poor Dobby. I loved Dobby. I cried for hours when I read that part. It was like I had lost my best friend or something. That is true about Draco.

For me the most heartbreaking was the moment that Hermione cast Obliviate on her parents to protect them. Knowing that even after all the war crap was over, even if she survived, she could never return....... :cry:
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Teesie wrote:Poor Dobby. I loved Dobby. I cried for hours when I read that part. It was like I had lost my best friend or something. That is true about Draco.

For me the most heartbreaking was the moment that Hermione cast Obliviate on her parents to protect them. Knowing that even after all the war crap was over, even if she survived, she could never return....... :cry:
When Dobby.... I must admit that part was truly UNEXPECTED, It was a risky move for one thing, I sure will miss Dobby if there are any more books in the series, he will always be one of my favourite characters - not just for Harry Potter, but for all books.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." - Dean Koontz

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”