"Breaking Night" by Liz Murray

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah5242
Bookshelf Size: 0

"Breaking Night" by Liz Murray

Post by Sarah5242 »

Although this book had one of the dullest beginnings I have ever read, the outcome was greater than I could have ever imagined. Liz Murray’s memoir touched me in a personal way and opened my eyes to new perspectives on situations like hers. Her story dragged me into her everyday life of eating egg sandwiches and being so hungry that food no longer sounds good. Throughout the novel you could feel her emotions; all her frustration and worries as each day seemingly got worse. Her story took several turns; from when her grandma visited, to when she found out her mom had AIDS. Her writing took me so far into her life that I felt she was hopeless and that something horrible was going to happen in the end. Never did I think reading through all of the series of tragic events that in the end this girl would be a graduate at Harvard, or a graduate at all coming from the life she had to live. Liz Murray has one of the most touching and motivating stories I have ever read. Going from a hopeless child, to a well-known and talented woman today.
-Sarah Peterson

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”