battlefield earth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Edyoung59
Bookshelf Size: 0

battlefield earth

Post by Edyoung59 »

this is my first time here so bear with me. anyway, i was wondering if anyone has read battlefield earth by l. ron hubbard? i thought the guy was just some nutcase but being a reader, i thought, how bad can it be? that book had me captive by the end of the first chapter! i enjoyed it so much i've read it twice and passed it along to my daughter who is a reader herself and she loved it! she said it's one of her favorite stories of all time. anyway, thats my thing. i guess i'm just saying you cant judge a book by it's author either. another excellent book is, one second after, which features a forward by newt gingrich that i though, oh boy, here we go! but it turned out to be one of my favorites of all time. well, thats it. thats my little rant. feel free to make fun if you must. but i wont apologize for enjoying these books. like my old friend told me once, "in matters of taste, there is no dispute".
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

I have read "Battlefield Earth" twice as well. I love it and would put it up there with the best SF novels around. It was however made into one of the worst movies I have ever seen. :)
Tip the Bottle

Post by Tip the Bottle »

Gannon wrote:I have read "Battlefield Earth" twice as well. I love it and would put it up there with the best SF novels around. It was however made into one of the worst movies I have ever seen. :)
Oddly enough I hated the movie when I saw it in the cinema but I can watch it whenever it's on cable. I couldn't bring myself to read the book because Hubbard seems to be such a nutter. I know that isn't fair but c'est la vie.
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

LOL... I saw the movie and until today I had no idea it was a book!!
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

[quote="Mairin"]LOL... I saw the movie and until today I had no idea it was a book!![/quote

Seriously the book is 100 times better than the movie, and that is not an exaggeration. :D

Also, I know he is an A grade nutter but read the book with an open mind and do not worry who the author is while you are reading it and you will love it. :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”