Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GerryLuvzBookz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet

Post by GerryLuvzBookz »

Learned that one of my favorite novels PILLARS OF THE EARTH was adapted into a miniseries - looks incredible! Has anyone else seen this? Apparently the DVD releases next week 11/23. Thought I'd share, for any of my fellow Pillars fans out there.
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

I loved the book, but I just can't see it as a TV series. I could see a movie though.
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
The Ghostwriter

Post by The Ghostwriter »

Wonderful book. I've heard of the series, but have never seen it myself.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

I loved the book. I don't know about the TV series. I am afraid it will ruin the book. I guess I'll wait to hear some reviews before I decide.
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

One of my favourite books of all time. I think a mini-series could work as long as there is a decent enough budget. If they can get a few big-name actors and it stays as close to the book as possible it may just work. Heres hoping. :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”