The lightning theif

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaylanheh
Bookshelf Size: 0

The lightning theif

Post by Kaylanheh »

this is a relly good book
Sophius

Post by Sophius »

It's decent, but it is a bit young in my opinion. I enjoyed it when I was younger but now it has ceased to interest me.
KatnissHawthorne

Post by KatnissHawthorne »

Well, it's perfect for me then :) I personally love the series and throughly enjoyed reading it. At least, if this is Percy Jackson like I think it is?
Klcao12

Post by Klcao12 »

I love the Lightning Thief. It's a very awesome book. I love the story!
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War

Post by Aileenhu »

...by Percy Jackson?

I saw the movie and read the first book. But I stopped reading the series because they were too popular in our school library. Even the public libraries (55 in our city) are totally packed with requests.

The plot's okay,
Ail.
Ukkitty

Post by Ukkitty »

Enjoyed the books and the film. I found the concept of modern demi-gods interesting.
Hix

Post by Hix »

The unreliable narrator device was very well done throughout the book, but I thought it didn't translate too well to film.
Half_Hatter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Wings</a>
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Half_Hatter »

The Lightning Thief is a classic well read book that the movies showed injustice to. The movies used brilliant effects and had amazing quality, but the movie's connection to the book was appalling. This book was the first of the Percy Jackson Series, and I personally will never grow too old for it. It is written a little younger, as it was for younger teens. But it's a book that is loved by all ages with it's connection to all ages. I love this story, and I recommend it to all that love fiction.
evilandexpensive
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evilandexpensive.html

Post by evilandexpensive »

I loved reading the Lightning Thief! My fifth grade students also enjoyed it. I think that it is well written for the middle grades. As an adult, it is a very easy read. With that said, it is a welcome step into the land of fantasy. I would certainly recommend it.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

The best adventure series ever!! The Percy Jackson is a series I thoroughly loved and the first instalment of this series (the lightning thief) was one of the best of the best books.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”