Any good inspirational reads on the go?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Inspire2Read
Bookshelf Size: 0

Any good inspirational reads on the go?

Post by Inspire2Read »

I enjoy quick reads on the go as well as smaller formats books for one-handed reading. "A Thousand Paths to Wisdom" by David Baird and "Power of Plentiful Wisdom" by Julia Shpak are among my recent discoveries.

"A Thousand Paths to Wisdom" by David Baird is a great pocket size and has many quotes devided by themes.

"Power of Plentiful Wisdom" stands out for its rare quotes&BW photographs.

COULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE SMTH SIMILAR TO READ!
Last edited by Inspire2Read on 10 Oct 2010, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Book-worm

Post by Book-worm »

I just got this book you mentioned by Julia Shpak from Amazon while looking for some kind of quick read/coffee-table book. I hadn't time to read it all yet, but I went through a couple of pages in the subway on my way to work. Looks promising so far - I will update on it later.

Did you try collection of quotes by Wilde?
Last edited by Book-worm on 10 Oct 2010, 15:02, edited 3 times in total.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Thanks for sharing.
Book-worm

Post by Book-worm »

I've been reading "Power of Plentiful Wisdom" for a couple of weeks now- mostly on the go.
The whole book is about 100 pages and is fast to go through. But I found myself leafing through it again to reread some pages. Got me thinking of similar books to suggest you... may be Chicken Soup for the soul?
Adam Richards

Post by Adam Richards »

The Author's name is I.R. Jangharia. An Alternative Decision (ISBN 9781452004372) Available for $15 at AuthorHouse website.
For a brief preview go into Google books. A truly challenging and captivating book. Sure it inspired me! Thanks
nursemom77

Post by nursemom77 »

I really liked "The Shack" by William P. Young. Without giving away any spoilers though, I will tell you that it is somewhat controversial due to the way it portrays God. Nonetheless, a little controversy is healthy, and the story line really draws you in and makes you ask yourself some thought provoking questions about what a relationship with God really means.

The basic gist of the story is about a man that experiences a profound tragedy, and later has a chance to meet God face to face and ask him any questions he wants.

This book really makes you think.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

nursemom77 wrote:I really liked "The Shack" by William P. Young. Without giving away any spoilers though, I will tell you that it is somewhat controversial due to the way it portrays God. Nonetheless, a little controversy is healthy, and the story line really draws you in and makes you ask yourself some thought provoking questions about what a relationship with God really means.

The basic gist of the story is about a man that experiences a profound tragedy, and later has a chance to meet God face to face and ask him any questions he wants.

This book really makes you think.
Thanks for the comments, i have this book on my TBR list and when i finish my next King book i will move on to this as it sounds very intriguing and original, looking forward to it now.
You only live once.....so live!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”