the alchemist

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tanvi02
Bookshelf Size: 0

the alchemist

Post by tanvi02 »

the alchemist book has the inspirational power...what do you think? it is just a good book to read or can somebody learn something from it
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

I've had my eye on that book for some time, but have never actually picked it up to read. Would you recommend it?
tanvi02

Post by tanvi02 »

Mairin wrote:I've had my eye on that book for some time, but have never actually picked it up to read. Would you recommend it?
yes ofcourse i will.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Off course I would say it is a must read.. Learn to follow your dreams..
PetarD

Post by PetarD »

It's one of my favourite books... and I do have great taste in books so yeah it's worth reading. It's one of those books that find a way to combine great story line, fantasy, moral lessons in one. What I find most interesting is that the impression it leaves in every different person is different from the last. I compared mine with that of 3 of my friends who borrowed it.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

PetarD wrote:It's one of my favourite books... and I do have great taste in books so yeah it's worth reading. It's one of those books that find a way to combine great story line, fantasy, moral lessons in one. What I find most interesting is that the impression it leaves in every different person is different from the last. I compared mine with that of 3 of my friends who borrowed it.
I agree. The author has left to the readers to understand the story according to their own perceptions.
YellowButterfly85

Post by YellowButterfly85 »

Now i'm curious....that might be my next book. What is it about?
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Its about this guy named Santiago who learns to follow his dreams and for that he takes up a journey where he meets the alchemist and he discovers many interesting things. Its a different but interesting read!
Alexa12345

Post by Alexa12345 »

Yeah, it worth to read it. At first for me looked childish, but after couple more pages i began to understand the goal of the book and how profound it is. I think everyone who has aims should read it.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

True! And Even if you don't have any aim in your life, you should still read it..
likemangos

Post by likemangos »

Thats great
Vector

Post by Vector »

It is a great book, but what you take away from it will depend on your own journey through life, and where you are in that journey when you read it....
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Every reader would draw a different perspective form this book depending upon his experience and learning.. Well, I believe its with every book, isn't it?
jasonlv

Post by jasonlv »

According to wiki, it's the 12th most read book in history. Evidently, there are a few of those whom think that the read is worthwhile! I am reading it now, just for this fact, and I am not disappointed.
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

Its in my top 5 favorite books of all time. The Alchemist is perhaps inspirational but I would also assert that it is thought provoking and generically applicable to life. For instance, a friend was going through a divorce, she found solace in Santiago. Another friend was at a career crossroads, she found answers in Santiago.
Probably my favorite author. Ever :)
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”