Review by Spac3fr56a -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Spac3fr56a
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spac3fr56a.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Review by Spac3fr56a -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by Spac3fr56a »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review of Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed and recommend this book. The story moved along and kept me interested. It was nice how the story was written to encompass love, lust, corruption, exploits, drug abuse, loss of life, loveless marriage, morals and believe it or not kindness. Darwin and Laszlo were my favorite characters of the book. Aspects of those characters resonated with me. This book will be one that I can read over again and still enjoy.

It is a modern book. It starts off with a young man, Darwin, having to move in with his cousin, Luther, his grandmother, Granny, and other staff. There were a few issues regarding money. His cousin, through misguided ways, was teaching his younger cousin a life lesson forcing him to earn his money instead of having it just given to him. Luther was not very good role model and was not very nice to Darwin.

Darwin learned to do small jobs for his money and gained lifelong friendships along the way. He grew close to Laszlo, head of security for his cousin, Granny and Mrs. Thomas. He developed a relationship with a man on a plane that lasted a lifetime and was very helpful to Darwin throughout his life and his career.

There was a death and a joint investigation between the police and Laszlo that brought out people’s dirty little secrets and their true nature. In the end people got what they needed and deserved. Relationships were created, mended and ended.
What I loved most about the book were the details and methodology of the investigation scenes. It was written in such a way to keep me entertained, invested in the story and guessing. I had a person in mind, but I was incorrect.

What I didn’t like about the book were the last 30 pages or so. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the story but after the investigation I was a little taken back with the story. I am glad that things turned out the way they did for the characters. However, I was a little disappointed after the investigation was solved because I thought there would be a little something more. Overall the end of book was good. It explained and closed loose ends, but I had to give both positive and negative points to the story. The ending was the only thing that I could think of to comment on.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Spac3fr56a's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”