looking for a book about angels vs demons, god vs the devil.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
darrko1989
Bookshelf Size: 0

looking for a book about angels vs demons, god vs the devil.

Post by darrko1989 »

something along those lines, maybe sort of like 'constantine' or something like that. I want like a book/s about god in a war with the devil and have angels fighting demons. Any help would be appreciated?
Morrosseth

Post by Morrosseth »

Good Omens by Terry Pratchet, not to be taken seriously, it's more along the lines of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I don't know if you'd be interested in The Sandman Chronicles by Neil Gaiman? They're graphic novels.
MoreCowbell

Post by MoreCowbell »

You should check out the trilogy by Philip Pullman His Dark Materials. The Golden Compass is the first in the series but the third (The Amber Spyglass) should really interest you.
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Try The Old Man and Mr Smith by Peter Ustinov. Its not a God vs Devil thing, more God and the devil.

Facinating read- it's about God and the devil coming to earth, meeting on neutral ground to catch up.
The Mythwriter

Post by The Mythwriter »

This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti... they can be a little slow at times, but oh man, do they become epic at the end. Both simply incredible novels.

Both House and Adam by Ted Dekker deal strongly with demons, but they're more paranormal horror/thriller than angels vs. demons. Still, really intense and powerful books. Adam scared me more than anything by Stephan King.

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis are probably slower than what you're looking for, but very thought provoking, written from the perspective of a demon trying to educate his nephew on how to gain control of a human. Not so much of a war, though.

The books by Frank Peretti are tailored perfectly to your criteria, and I wish there were more books like them, they're actually the only ones that deal with direct angelic warfare, most others are humans against demons or something like that. Hope you enjoy them!
"The world has been printing books for 450 years, and yet gunpowder still has a wider circulation. Never mind! Printer's ink is the greater explosive: it will win." - Christopher Morley, "The Haunted Bookshop."
Seraphy

Post by Seraphy »

Paradise Lost by Milton?
Jp1978

Post by Jp1978 »

The "Season of Mists" Sandman story arc and the "Murder Mysteries" short story bothj by Neil Gaiman.
Sophius

Post by Sophius »

Try Desperation by Stephen King. It technically isn't "God Vs. Satan" but rather " God vs. some supernatural and inherently evil entity of unknown origin". The book is surprisingly spiritual for a horror novel, and in my opinion one of King's best.
scrapcode13
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrapcode13.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by scrapcode13 »

Seriously? The book of Revelations. It makes me have goosebumps every single time I read it.

I also once read a book titled Fallen or The Fallen. Not the popular series.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
dekkerfan

Post by dekkerfan »

another great author is randy alcorn deals alot with lose of faith and death. Ted Dekker is my favorite author by far love his work but I am happily finding others like him..

-- 21 Oct 2013, 03:10 --

another great author is randy alcorn deals alot with lose of faith and death. Ted Dekker is my favorite author by far love his work but I am happily finding others like him..
Lily_Zeraven
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-zeraven.html
Latest Review: "Hook Up" by Harvey Jones

Post by Lily_Zeraven »

If you're looking for a thought provoking, demonized perspective between the Good vs. Evil polarity, then I highly recommend The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. This book illustrates an elaborate tasking of what a demon must accomplish in order to overtake a human's mind and soul, as taught by an demonic uncle to his nephew. The content is written with such elegance and comprehensive taste that it envokes even the most convinced readers to consider what actually occurs within us as the dark-against-light war rages on throughout a lifetime.
Do not be deceived, Wormwood. Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys.
C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
Latest Review: "Hook Up" by Harvey Jones
owlowl152

Post by owlowl152 »

Excellent post. Thank you very much!! Lily_Zeraven
Jane Ryan

Post by Jane Ryan »

Have you tried A Majority of Angels by John Rommel? Very Biblicaly based, but good battles between angels and demons

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”