The Forgotten Garden by Kate Norton

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
annalaurabrown
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annalaurabrown.html

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Norton

Post by annalaurabrown »

This book is one of the better fiction books I have read recently. Although it is quite long it really grabs your attention. It also jumps back and forth between three different time periods which can make it a challenge to follow along with. Furthermore, the garden is not mentioned until almost the end of the book leaving you to wonder why the book is called what it is. However, the characters are well developed and the plot is intreguing.

If you have read this book, what did you think of it?
best4buys

Post by best4buys »

I loved this book. I am a big fan of the classic story The Secret Garden, and this story in a way is similar. The characters in this story are so vivid. Some are so evil, others are so sympathetic. You really care for the main character and hope the best for them. It is often hard to find a book that completely engulfs you in the story, and the lives of the characters.

I had a hard time putting the book down, because each page presented a new clue in solving the mystery of the four year old who didn't know her name, but ended up half way around the world in Australia all by herself. Kate Morton really did a great job of revealing the characters and having "flashbacks" to different time periods that were revelant to clues that were being discovered. It was a rare treat because you didn't often see what was coming next. If you are looking for a mystery to solve, this is a great book to escape into. This is a long book, but a good one.
winterbaby

Post by winterbaby »

I also love this book. I originally borrowed it from the library but loved it so much that I bought my own copy (a bad habit of mine :D ).
lagym888

Post by lagym888 »

I absolutely love this book. Can't wait for this one. :)
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

The garden is actually mentioned quite a bit in this story. I also couldn't help but make some connections between this book and The Secret Garden. I thought it was a bit long and the ending was easy enough to deduce, but enjoyed it nonetheless.
MBW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by MBW »

I adored this book! The author did a fantastic job at setting each scene and keeping the reader in suspense without feeling bereft of understanding. There are so many great plot twists I admit I had to put the book down every so often to absorb and savor them.
MBW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by MBW »

For those that loved this book, do you have any recommendations for similar books?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”