Ruby Tuesday by Jennifer Anne Kogler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
morebooks4me
Bookshelf Size: 0

Ruby Tuesday by Jennifer Anne Kogler

Post by morebooks4me »

I just finished reading Ruby Tuesday by Jennifer Anne Kogler. I was disappointed. I normally don't read Young Adult books, but this one had a picture of an iguana on the cover. I have a pet iguana, so it caught my attention.

I think part of why the book annoyed me so much is because there were so many details about iguanas that she got wrong and it totally distracted me. For instance, she has him eating a diet of grasshoppers, when in reality they are vegetarians. (I know, I'm being petty, but it was really distracting!)

Also, the plot didn't seem at all believable. Crazy grandma brings her pet iguana and 13-year old grandaughter to a blackjack table in Vegas and the pit-boss lets them stay???

It was the author's first novel and she was fresh out of college, so maybe her books will improve.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”