Review by Reet Aulakh -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reet Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reet-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Review by Reet Aulakh -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Reet Aulakh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a fiction novel. Sarah Cooley is the main character of the story. The story is set in Western Washington on the Olympic Peninsula.

Sarah is a 13-year-old orphan girl. Tom, Myra and William are going to a trip to visit Tom’s grandfather’s grave, when Tom’s ex-wife, Ruth, pays an unexpected visit. She brings Sarah along with her and tells Tom that Sarah is his granddaughter and leaves her there. At first, Tom drops the plan of going to the park but agrees to take Sarah along with them afterward. In the forest Sarah sees a large bear and draws a picture of it, but, no one from her group believes that she saw the bear. During their journey, Sarah gets lost. Tom, Myra and William try their best to find Sarah but, could not find her for eight days.

Would Tom be able to find Sarah? Would Tom accept the stories told by Sarah?

Strong Heart is written in the third person. This book has two stories. The first story is about the journey to Tom’s grandfather’s grave and the second story is the story told by Sarah when she returns after eight days. The characters of the book are very strong, which, gives a depth to the book. I liked Sarah’s character the most. She has a great vision at a very young age. I enjoyed her stories a lot. She is a very brave girl. She saved her group members very well. She is a very hardworking girl. She worked really hard to learn new skills that she saw during her journey.

The author had done a great job. He has a keen knowledge about the Olympic Peninsula, which, he has depicted in the book. The forests are depicted so well that the reader feels being present there at that moment. I have gained a lot of knowledge from this book about early humans and different animals that are extinct now. The theme of the book is well satisfied by the story. Sarah has proved to be a strong heart. The story about Sarah’s journey with the early humans gives an edge to the book.

I did not find any spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in the book. It is professionally edited. Moreover, the language of the book is very easy to read and understand. I enjoyed reading this book and I would give it 3 out of 4 stars. I got confused at the end of this book and felt that the end of this book is incomplete. This has happened to most of the readers that have read this book. Due to this reason, the book has lost a star.

The people who like to read about ancient people and extinct animals would love this book. This book is a treasure of knowledge. I would recommend this book to everyone. I would like to read more from this author.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Reet Aulakh's review? Post a comment saying so!
Shirazi Cat
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirazi-cat.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Shirazi Cat »

Thanks, this is a fine review. I am considering reading this book myself. It sounds interesting.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Arushi Singh
Currently Reading: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arushi-singh.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Post by Arushi Singh »

Thank you for this. It is a really good review. :D
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Shirazi Cat wrote:Thanks, this is a fine review. I am considering reading this book myself. It sounds interesting.
Yea, you should give it a try. You will like it :)

-- 01 Nov 2017, 14:15 --
Arushi Singh wrote:Thank you for this. It is a really good review. :D
Thanks for appreciating the review :)
Snowyy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Snowyy »

This is an amazing book. I liked the knowledge given by the author in this book. I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for a great review :)
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

I am glad that you liked the review ?
Snowyy

Post by Snowyy »

Which character did you like the most in this book?
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Sarah is my favorite character. She has a great vision and she is very brave.
Snowyy

Post by Snowyy »

Do you think this book would make a good movie?
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

I am not sure about the movie because it is not necessary that people would like to watch such a movie.
Snowyy

Post by Snowyy »

Reet Aulakh wrote:I am not sure about the movie because it is not necessary that people would like to watch such a movie.
I agree with you. Would you like to read more from Chalie Sheldon?
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Yes, I would definitely like to read more from Charlie. He is an amazing author.
Snowyy

Post by Snowyy »

Reet Aulakh wrote:Yes, I would definitely like to read more from Charlie. He is an amazing author.
That's great!! Indeed, Charlie Sheldon is a great author. :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”