Official Review: Perspective by Peter Kerestur

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Official Review: Perspective by Peter Kerestur

Post by dhomespot »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Perspective" by Peter Kerestur.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I just finished reading Perspective (A Driver’s Tale) by Peter Kerestur. This book is classified under fiction and focuses on 3 main characters. I thought there were four, but one character plays two different roles on the book. I will say that this book is unusual because the main character is not given a name. The only names mentioned in the book are those that are in court.

The book reads like two stories in one book and finally merge at the end. In one part of the story, we get the driver’s perspective while he rushes to work. He gives us a visual of everything from a dead animal in the road to how many cops are laying in wait for the unsuspecting drivers trying to make it to work on time. This I believe we can all relate too. We are always on the lookout for those police officials to be hiding as we speed on our merry way.

The second part of the story is the result of the main character getting caught speeding. He decides to take the ticket to court and wants to fight it. The author gives the reader brief glimpses of other cases that are taking place in the courtroom. There is not a lot of information given to these cases. The driver of the car’s case does not happen until the end of the book. So the court scenes are from his point of view while waiting for his turn.

I did not enjoy this book like I thought I would. The story seemed to get lost in the details and I would find my attention wandering while reading. While I like learning new words and phrases, with this book, I was forced to use the dictionary too much and it took away from the pleasure of reading. The cover of the book and the blurb are what drew me in to wanting to read the story.

I give this book 2 out of 4 stars. The author is very gifted, but a little too verbose in this book. There were too many details about every little thing, for example, there was a 2-3 page description of the driver of the car undoing one button. It was also hard to follow the story because it would jump from a guy driving a car to a guy sitting in a courtroom with no title or explanation of if this is the same guy, friends, enemies, etc.

Perspective
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dhomespot's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I get how verbose would labour reading, especially with the 2-3 page description of the driver of the car undoing one button, great review.
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Hmmm... I don't think this is a book that I would enjoy. I think the author was trying to do something different. It just doesn't sound like it worked. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Ashley Simon
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon »

Yikes, that's a lot of description devoted to one action. :shock: This book doesn't sound like my cup of tea, either.
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Awesome review. I've never read a book written in this style but I think I would get bored by the extensive descriptions of regular events.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Abodunrin
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abodunrin.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Abodunrin »

From the title I was stirred up to take look look at the review as well but from how you have described the book it doesn't sound like what I would want. Verbose write ups are exhausting.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

Dehomespot, your inability to enjoy the book shows in the tone of your review. I has been an honest one.
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I see so many four star reviews on here I am always very interested in the ones that do not get 4 and why. I am one who tends to be okay with a lot of detail, but it does need to have a purpose, to move the story, to set the mood, etc. Too bad this one didn't quite do that!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”