Official Review: Boobie Boy: Miami's Urban Chronicle's

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Official Review: Boobie Boy: Miami's Urban Chronicle's

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Boobie Boy: Miami's Urban Chronicle's" by Thomas Barr Jr..]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Boobie Boys: Miami’s Urban Chronicles Volume II by Thomas Barr Jr. is an urban literary fiction published by VIP INK Publishing Group, Inc./PrintHouse Books on May 15, 2017. The book has 32 standard pages (250 words per page), and the language mostly used in it is Ebonics (African American English). The book employs gangster slang. Examples of forms of expression you are going to encounter are:
Chop it up (to have a conversation), giving of dabs (knocking of fist together as a form of greeting, or form of respect), run with (associate habitually with someone or something), and a kee (a kilogram/about 2.2 pounds of a narcotic).
This book candidly paints the common motives and predicaments of people perpetrating greed and other wrongdoings every day. Are the governments involved in probing the Miami youths along this perilous road? This book is a perfect mirror of the times in which we live. This book expounds the genres of guns, (illusion of) power, (illicit) drugs, deception, death, ambition, and lust.

Kaz is in prison and waiting for a month to pass and get released. He is a thoughtful and bright man who picks up tricks from career criminals. He joins forces with Beebee, a reckless and ruthless ringleader of the Boobie Boys crew, to expand their dope (narcotics) connections. Kaz develops a relationship with a lady called Tanisha. A number of deadly assaults plague Miami as their plans progress.

The streets get bloodier as rival gangs fight for turfs. Rumors of snitches and undercover affiliates begin to make rounds in the streets. Soon the FBI and DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) begin to clamp down on their operations. Will Kaz and his friends get out of the drug dealing underworld before it is too late?

There were rapid movements of scenes that were a bit odd to me but good for efficiently moving the plot along. The author has an obvious knowledge of the happenings of the crime-infested regions of America and uses it to spin an entertaining and realistic story. The characters were fairly developed and the relationships between them somewhat unexplored. The ending of the book was great and caught me off guard with its twist. The short length of the book and the great storytelling kept me reading to the end without episodes of boredom. I found it was a smooth sailing through the simple storyline.

This book has employed various vulgar words to help pass the ugly but true message of the world we live in. The ladies are depicted in a number of scenes as scantily or suggestively dressed, and nude or seminude. These are true depictions of the reality we live in.

There were a number of editing errors in the 81 pages of the PFD e-book I was given: page 11, “…the smoke from the joint bellowed from his noise [nose],” page 45, “…until everyone [was] had departed…,” page 55, “…two man [men].” Even though the errors are considerable, they don’t make it difficult to understand the plot. I gave the book a rating of 2 out of 4 stars because of the aforementioned flaws. I recommend it to those who love urban fiction and the dark happenings in ganglands.

Boobie Boy: Miami's Urban Chronicle's
View: on Bookshelves

Like geoffrey ngoima's review? Post a comment saying so!
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I like some urban fiction but I hate when there is too much vulgarity. Also, the number of errors may keep me from reading it too.

Great Review! :D
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
geoffrey ngoima

Amagine wrote:I like some urban fiction but I hate when there is too much vulgarity. Also, the number of errors may keep me from reading it too.

Great Review! :D
I think the flaws can be ignored. Thanks for stopping by!
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by KeriCraven »

I enjoy reading urban fiction. However, the number of errors may not be worth the read. Thank you for your review.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
geoffrey ngoima

Thank you, guys, for dropping by

-- 10 Oct 2017, 19:37 --
geoffrey ngoima wrote:...
Thank you for dropping by
Reuben 92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Bookshelf Size: 827
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reuben-92.html
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg

Post by Reuben 92 »

This was a really thorough review, thank you! The score you gave it and the fact it can be quite vulgar leads me to think it wouldn't be for me.
"Every reader is, while he is reading, the reader of his own self. The writer's work is merely a kind of optical instrument which he offers to the reader to enable him to discern what...he would perhaps never have perceived in himself."
Proust
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg
geoffrey ngoima

Reuben 92 wrote:This was a really thorough review, thank you! The score you gave it and the fact it can be quite vulgar leads me to think it wouldn't be for me.
Yeah, it has a few issues, thanks for dropping by!
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

I think I'd prefer watching a movie about gangland America than reading the book. Great review, nice and easy to read.
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:I think I'd prefer watching a movie about gangland America than reading the book. Great review, nice and easy to read.
Thank you, Julius, it would be a great movie.
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

Nice and easy review from me too. I'm always open for Urban fiction and I don't mind the vulgarity, it's what goes on out there so why shouldn't we shun it in books and films?
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
geoffrey ngoima

Cloe101 wrote:Nice and easy review from me too. I'm always open for Urban fiction and I don't mind the vulgarity, it's what goes on out there so why shouldn't we shun it in books and films?
Exactly my view, thank you.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Great review! I don't think this book is my cup of tea due to the vulgarity I also find it distracting to read a story that contains a lot of street slang. Glad you were able to enjoy the book despite the errors.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
geoffrey ngoima

bookowlie wrote:Great review! I don't think this book is my cup of tea due to the vulgarity I also find it distracting to read a story that contains a lot of street slang. Glad you were able to enjoy the book despite the errors.
I did enjoy it, &
Thanks for dropping by.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

The Black American culture can really be rough and tough; the reason why I would love to read the book. It feels as though you watching the film already. Nice review.
geoffrey ngoima

mumoscar wrote:The Black American culture can really be rough and tough; the reason why I would love to read the book. It feels as though you watching the film already. Nice review.
That's true, MS

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”