Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Pr...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Pr...

Post by juliusotinyo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Prophesy" by William Hanna.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you ever ask yourself when the perpetual War On Terror will end? As a pacifist, I don't believe in wars as a means of conflict resolution. Just what inspired the rise of Islamic radicals worldwide? And, most importantly, what will it take to end this religious/political stalemate? Do we need divine guidance to end centuries of hatred and strife? After all, morality is a human construct and whether it's expressed or not relies on your point of view. Or maybe it's up to the gods? The supposedly Christian American and Australian settlers practically massacred the indigenous populations where they settled. Is Israel committing the same in Occupied Palestine?

Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Prophecy, is the fictional debut work by William Hanna. The book explores the intrigues of the Zionist movement and the present-day effect on a hapless Islamic/Christian Palestinian people. The book can be broken down into two: fiction and non-fiction parts.

The fictional story follows Conrad Banner, a British investigative journalist. Who, together with his father, Mark Banner, are staunch critics of Israeli policies in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Conrad is in the process of filming a documentary that highlights the illegal Israeli use of archeology in undermining Palestinian claims on their lands. At the heart of the conspiracy lies the Hiramic Brotherhood; whose sole aim is to construct the Biblical inspired third temple on present-day Temple Mount near Jerusalem. His brief dalliance with Israeli authority and the plight of the Palestinian people will show a side of Israel rarely seen or heard.

The non-fiction part of the story chronicles the history of the Christian Bible, Zionism, and Judaism, mainly in the form of articles, quotes, and memoirs. Of particular interest are the Jewish lobby groups' nefarious activities on sovereign states and the on-going Israeli oppression of Palestinian people. Can Israeli society be compared to Apartheid South Africa? What does the word Apartheid mean anyway?

The topic of this book intrigues me. The Masonic compass had connotations of a secret society which I've been reading on for a while. Human history and religion are also topics I enjoy, Hiramic Brotherhood had all these. The book reads like a thriller. I even feared writing this review in case the Israeli authorities find it offensive. I'll check under my car everyday just in case!

The book was presented in an unusual style. The meld between fiction and fact was not effective. The factual part of the story overshadowed the fictional narrative. Conrad's story gets lost between a mountain of facts which I found more enjoyable to read. The net effect is poor character development. I would pick Mark Banner as my favorite character. This was due to his bravery and commitment to the Palestinian cause.

My complimentary copy was in PDF format with a total 282 pages. The Amazon copy and others online averaged about 650 standard pages. The formating was tight and visually challenging to read on a small smartphone, I used my computer instead.

The book had many errors which I believe a little do-over would make a near-perfect work. I regrettably rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Some of the errors include;
...with concerned a... page 115
...of the coast... should be off (page 111)
Appelman was referred to as Appleton several times.

Despite these errors and poor characters I still enjoyed the book. Most of the facts presented were verifiable and already known to me. Though some of the subject matter may not appeal to anyone with a contrary opinion on how to approach Israeli-Palestinian relations. I would recommend this book to anyone in need of critical thought when it comes to religion, world politics, and the Zionist agenda.

The intrigues of Jewish exile and Zionism reminds me of my ethnic lore. The lore speaks of our People originating from a distant hill situated next to a large lake/sea. This prophecy led to a history of migration and conflict as our people sought the elusive hill to meet their creator. However, the arrival of the Europeans with their guns quickly subdued our war machine. Almost suddenly did our belief in God also change-He became Christian. After all, they both share the same attributes and offered salvation. Funny thing though, we were convinced by then evangelists that our God is in the biblical Golgotha in present-day Israel. Which just happens to be a hill not so far from the sea!

I view Abrahamic faiths with a lot of contempt. I believe that God (if He exists) is not a politician. He does not discriminate against one group over another. So, the concept of a God's chosen people is absurd to me. The on-going stalemate in Occupied Palestine should not exist with this in mind.

Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Prophesy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like juliusotinyo's review? Post a comment saying so!
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I am a pacifist, and I don't believe in solving conflict with war either. Great review of an interesting book. I did chuckle at your point about God not being a politician. Thank God for that! (pun intended) Pity about the many grammar mistakes in the book.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad you enjoyed this one, but with the poor characters and errors, I'm probably going to avoid it for now. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

Wow, this sounds like an interesting book about complex issues. I'm not sure about the fiction/non-fiction mix though, and it's not a topic I usually choose. I don't think I'll follow up on this one at this time but I appreciate that it is available.
peace starts with a smile...
Zelinda
Favorite Book: The Swallow
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Inkwells
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelinda.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelinda »

You pose some interesting questions in your review and the subject matter sounds fascinating. However, I was disappointed at your remark about finding some of the beliefs of the Abramaic faiths to be absurd. I really think that such remarks lead to intolerance and if it were softened as "it doesn't make sense to me" there would be left some room for dialogue. I do believe, based on other things you wrote, that you would want that, too.
“In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

kislany wrote:I am a pacifist, and I don't believe in solving conflict with war either. Great review of an interesting book. I did chuckle at your point about God not being a politician. Thank God for that! (pun intended) Pity about the many grammar mistakes in the book.
Hah! Yeah, God is not a Politician. Probably, I've never understood that aspect of faith.

-- 27 Sep 2017, 07:36 --
Zelinda wrote:You pose some interesting questions in your review and the subject matter sounds fascinating. However, I was disappointed at your remark about finding some of the beliefs of the Abramaic faiths to be absurd. I really think that such remarks lead to intolerance and if it were softened as "it doesn't make sense to me" there would be left some room for dialogue. I do believe, based on other things you wrote, that you would want that, too.
Zelinda,
I appreciate your comments. From my own personal experience I've seen religion used to limit people's understanding. I omitted a large portion of my 2nd last paragraph in explaining this when I found out it was too huge.

A case in point, the current islamaphobia and the useless warfare in the Middle East. People are dying and suffering in the name of some God! I find that absurd I didn't mean to hurt anyone. It's just that this gets to me. Aren't these supposed to be holy people in a holy land, instead, they are hoping for some God to end conflict ?

-- 27 Sep 2017, 07:39 --

Kandscreeley and Snowflake, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your time and participation.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

A very interesting review there Julius, to a problematic agenda in today's political and religious agenda. Thanks.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review. Too bad it has so many errors.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks Quinto and the Researcher for your comments.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

This book sounds like a very interesting read. It sounds like something I'd enjoy despite the errors you've mentioned. I'm a big fan of reading about secret societies. Thanks for the great review!
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks for checking out my review. I didn't find the errors distracting, I tend to be a slow reader anyway. This really was a great read.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Zelinda wrote: However, I was disappointed at your remark about finding some of the beliefs of the Abramaic faiths to be absurd. I really think that such remarks lead to intolerance and if it were softened as "it doesn't make sense to me" there would be left some room for dialogue. I do believe, based on other things you wrote, that you would want that, too.
I agree, especially since there are likely to be many members here that practice Abramaic faiths.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

CatInTheHat wrote:
Zelinda wrote: However, I was disappointed at your remark about finding some of the beliefs of the Abramaic faiths to be absurd. I really think that such remarks lead to intolerance and if it were softened as "it doesn't make sense to me" there would be left some room for dialogue. I do believe, based on other things you wrote, that you would want that, too.
I agree, especially since there are likely to be many members here that practice Abramaic faiths.
As earlier stated, I don't like the way it is being misused to justify wars and mistreatment of fellow human beings. I do believe in God as well, just not one that takes preference to a particular people. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your time.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen

Post by mumoscar »

I think humans possess an inherent desire to be in power. People will engage in political and religious war as long as they will gain power. The book sounds quite informative in the political and religious arenas. Great review.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

mumoscar wrote:I think humans possess an inherent desire to be in power. People will engage in political and religious war as long as they will gain power. The book sounds quite informative in the political and religious arenas. Great review.
Regrettably I have to agree with your views​. Doesn't mean it's justified. At least for the meantime I'll stick to my critique.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”