Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilers)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Perrywinkle47
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

I liked the Deathly Hallows the best. The fact the harry himself was a horcrux, was surprising as I was not seeing it coming. Also it sums up everything very nicely and yeah few things should always be left to the reader's imagination after all to let him think a bit.
Nikki72

Post by Nikki72 »

I really enjoyed this book; I stayed up all night reading it. I sobbed when Dobby died and I shed a few tears for Snape. What surprised me was the ending. I like how she jumped ahead nineteen years to talk about the next generation of wizards; however, I am not a fan of the names she chose for Harry's kids. I also didn't like how abruptly it ended. It went from intense battle to intense aftermath and then nothing. Still, this series is one of my all-time favorites. There are symbols and connections in it that I didn't even realize the first time I read it.
energizerabby

Post by energizerabby »

I find myself crying for Snape every time...
marokee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marokee.html

Post by marokee »

The book felt like a forced wrap up towards the back half. So many loose ends were left wide open then tied up quickly to say they were.
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman »

Nikki72 wrote:I really enjoyed this book; I stayed up all night reading it. I sobbed when Dobby died and I shed a few tears for Snape. What surprised me was the ending. I like how she jumped ahead nineteen years to talk about the next generation of wizards; however, I am not a fan of the names she chose for Harry's kids. I also didn't like how abruptly it ended. It went from intense battle to intense aftermath and then nothing. Still, this series is one of my all-time favorites. There are symbols and connections in it that I didn't even realize the first time I read it.
Didn't she write the first chapter of the first book and the last chapter of the last book before the rest of it?

I personally didnt cry for Doby, but I did for Snape. In my opinion the series should have kept going on because I never wanted it to end! I still dont...
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I loved this book and I feel that Rowling covered a lot in fewer pages than I expected. I don't think this is my favorite of the whole series, but the book matched my expectations. I only wish she hadn't killed Fred but I guess a lot of people wish the same.
Tayner01
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayner01.html

Post by Tayner01 »

Just imagine if Snape had ended up as Harry's father. Crazy...
KatieDavis25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiedavis25.html

Post by KatieDavis25 »

I really enjoyed the whole Harry Potter Series and I was very sad that it ended, I feel like she could have kept it going a little longer given us another book or 2. I feel like Rowling is an amazing author of these books and other books.
dhaller
Currently Reading: The Moral Arc
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhaller.html
Latest Review: "Off to See the Wizard" by Clay Johnson

Post by dhaller »

Having read a crap-ton of Harry Potter fanfiction, I have become somewhat over-familiar with all the flaws of Rowling's work.

For a moment, imagine Dumbledore's plan. He knew that Harry was a horcrux, but from the beginning he never planned to die (Dumbledore was killed by Riddle's Ring, which tricked Albus into picking it up and putting it on). Dumbledore was planning to sacrifice Harry (with no knowledge that he would come back, because nothing like that had ever happened before) to beat Riddle.

Let's just say that Dumbledore wasn't as good a person as we all thought. And I think it's odd that Rowling created a plot in which her "leader of the light" is that downright nefarious. Unless it was intentional, in which case it's genius.
Latest Review: "Off to See the Wizard" by Clay Johnson

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”