Favorite Kurt Vonnegut Jr. book

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
marvelmite
Bookshelf Size: 0

Favorite Kurt Vonnegut Jr. book

Post by marvelmite »

Favorite Vonnegut book? Im a huge fan and would like to hear what others sthink of his work. My personal fave is Slaughter-House Five followed closely by Breakfast of Champions and Sirens of Titan. I love the fact that he took his own experiences in WWII Germany as a POW and turned it into a classic black commedy/sci-fi mind screw. its classic
Moore

Post by Moore »

I like his Cat's Cradle. I like his a bit usual style, at least i was impressed when i read the book.
sore eyes from readingb

Post by sore eyes from readingb »

Cat's Cradle is a bit unusual, but I do agree it was wonderful. I never thought of scientists' as people forming emotional reactions to their creations, power as a means to eradicate personal failure, or aspirin as some kind of savior to a pain infested body. What did you like about the book?
marvelmite

Post by marvelmite »

i havent gotten to cats cradle yet. its one of the next i want to get to, that and gallapagos. i had a friend suggest cats ctadle (oddly enough some1 that I got hooked on vonnegut in the first place) and these other positive responses make me want to pounce on it
poomlie

Post by poomlie »

As a follower of Bokononism I would have to say Cat's Cradle, although that might mean it would be Slaughterhouse Five.
runner1719

Post by runner1719 »

My favorite so far is Sirens of Titan. I just got done reading Player Piano which I really liked too. Now I'm reading Slaughter-House-Five. I think Vonnegut is a really good author and I can't wait to read the rest of his books!
amandapsychedelia

Post by amandapsychedelia »

This far it's the Sirens of Titan. I still have quite a few to go until I work through his whole collection but Titan can hold the honorary first place position until then.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”