BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
roberts-rl
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roberts-rl.html

Re: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by roberts-rl »

I really want I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak to be made into a movie, but at the same time I am afraid that it could not do the book justice. One of his other books, The Book Thief, was just made into a movie and it was really well made so I have hope :)
kbrooks94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kbrooks94.html

Post by kbrooks94 »

Hello all! My favorite science fantasy series, Magician, by Raymond E. Feist, should absolutely be made into a movie, or maybe a mini-series. These books are wonderfully written, with great character development. The main character, Pug, an orphan boy who becomes his world's greatest magician, is incredibly likeable. Has all the elements of a fantasy series that captivate the reader: kingdoms, elves, thiefs, goblins, alien invaders, and of course magic! Mr. Feist has created a world, Mid-kemia, with so much potential to transition into film, I would think, though not as famous as Lord of the Rings or Twi-light, the movies produced would rival some of their success.
Cyber_bill
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyber-bill.html

Post by Cyber_bill »

Beautiful Disaster, Chocolate Lovers Series, Archer's Voice
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

The dice man. I think you could have a lot of fun making a movie using this book as a basis
Felisari
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: The Eight - Katerine Neville
Currently Reading: Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by Felisari »

More than Movie... a TV Series.

The Dark-Haunters, By Sherrilyn Kenyon
Marcha

Post by Marcha »

The island beneath the sea by Allende would make a great movie.
BeccaCaley
Favorite Author: To many
Favorite Book: I could not honestly say
Currently Reading: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Post by BeccaCaley »

I wish that The 5th Wave was! After watching the book trailers on youtube I so want it to be a film! Also Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell! I know The House of Night series might be being made into films, if they are I can't wait to see that. I also really wish that Looking for Alaska by John Green would be made into a film!
Amberle
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberle.html

Post by Amberle »

Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow! Every time I read it, I keep thinking, "gee, this is how I'd do that scene," or "this is who I'd cast as blah-blah-blah," or "well that wouldn't work, you'd have to..." It'd be so epic, and so difficult to do justice to, that it'd probably bury the person who tried to make it. And it'd probably be a huge let down, if they did manage to finish it. But I would so love to see someone try!
cielo_gebilaguin

Post by cielo_gebilaguin »

The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. It was so deliciously filthy and eerie and also incredibly long so I'm curious how it will be put together. And of course who will be playing Lasher and the Mayfairs.
mbeasley
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbeasley.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by mbeasley »

I think Dark Places by Gillian Flynn would make for a pretty good Lifetime movie.
kateevelyne
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kateevelyne.html

Post by kateevelyne »

I am hanging in there for The night Circus by Erin Mrogenstern to be made into a film. It is magical, and could have a huge amount of striking visual imagery. Someone like Tim Burton would make this well or even M Night Shyamalan.
W-Harbinger
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-w-harbinger.html
Latest Review: "Branded" by Katie Hamstead

Post by W-Harbinger »

I always wished the Honor Harrington series by David Weber was transferred to the big screen. I was extremely happy to hear, though, that, after all these years, it's actually in the works. There's already comics and a video game out for the phone.
Latest Review: "Branded" by Katie Hamstead
thebookworm4ever
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookworm4ever.html
fav_author_id: 3117

Post by thebookworm4ever »

I would love to have hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick made into a movie but it would have to be really good because I hate all the movies that have things that look so fake. Patch's wings would have to be perfect and all the characters need to look the same as described.
Bennett_Ashley8921
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennett-ashley8921.html

Post by Bennett_Ashley8921 »

There are too many to list them all.
erudite_catalyst

Post by erudite_catalyst »

Sidney Sheldon's The Sky Is Falling.
I think this is gonna be a good one to watch in big screens for it talks about war and love in a vague and personal level. This could be very inspiring.

Return to “Films and Books”