BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
mandersonxoxo
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandersonxoxo.html

Re: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by mandersonxoxo »

I would love Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins to be adapted into a movie. I just feel like it would make such a cute film:))
LC Erickson
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lc-erickson.html

Post by LC Erickson »

I would love to see "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein be made into a movie. It was a heartfelt story written from the unique perspective of the family dog. It tugs at your emotions but also makes you laugh. The public would love this movie. Although I do feel in most cases, the book is better than the movie.
jovanovi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovanovi.html

Post by jovanovi »

My wish has already come true, but as a tv series..."Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. It's fairly new and I hope it doesn't disappoint!
CloudedRune
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloudedrune.html
Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas

Post by CloudedRune »

I'd really like to see Catherine Webb's Horatio Lyle series as a film/series of films.

I'd also say 'The School for Good and Evil' by Soman Chainani - but apparently there are rumours of there being a movie for it coming out at some point! I hope it's true, I'd be very excited for that.
Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas
annareads
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annareads.html
Latest Review: "Paradigm Shift" by Bill Ellis

Post by annareads »

My childhood dream is a series of "Maximum Ride" movies. Of course I always wanted to play Max...haha. The casting would be tricky though, because I have a very particular view of them all in my head. (Plus Patterson says she has a different hair color in every book...consistency is all I ask!)
Latest Review: "Paradigm Shift" by Bill Ellis
Kayla0526

Post by Kayla0526 »

The woods by Harlem Coben, has alittle bit of a romance story and some suspense.
Sara_M

Post by Sara_M »

I would love for " The Rescue" by Nicholas Sparks to be turned into a movie! The book is a hidden gem that is touching, sweet and just plain beautiful... Just what Nicholas Sparks does best!! The budding relationship between the little cutie Kyle and Taylor is absolutely gorgeous!! If anyone needs a great read then I highly recommend this book... It's a book you never quite forget.
animalgirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animalgirl.html

Post by animalgirl »

LC Erickson wrote:I would love to see "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein be made into a movie. It was a heartfelt story written from the unique perspective of the family dog. It tugs at your emotions but also makes you laugh. The public would love this movie. Although I do feel in most cases, the book is better than the movie.
I second this. I have seen the book, but started crying as soon as I read the first page and decided not to buy it. I'm very sensitive especially where animals are concerned. But i think it would be a great movie. Just don't know if I could watch it though. I still cry when I remember Hatchi: A dog's Tale. I thought that was a Disney movie with a happy ending, but I was wrong.

Anyway, even though it would make a good movie, most of the movies I've seen leave much to be desired in comparison to the book.
Deee
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 18984">The Two Towers</a>
Currently Reading: Second Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 1417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deee.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Deee »

Dead living by Glenn Bullion would make a good movie. I do love a good zombie apocalypse movie.
prospero1501
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prospero1501.html

Post by prospero1501 »

The Edge Chronicles (currently with thirteen books) is one series that would be an excellent series of films, or perhaps even a show. It is probably the best series I have ever read, even competing with my love for the Harry Potter books. Both have captured my attention because of their originality, along with their authors' ability to create entirely new and in-depth worlds, but The Edge Chronicles makes you feel like their world could be a real place in an alternate universe. The Edge is a world full of history and its own laws of physics that are just as intriguing as the stories themselves, and I hope they go on forever.
Feather369
Currently Reading: The Help
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feather369.html

Post by Feather369 »

I would love to see the Child Thief by Brom made into a movie.
korahallen
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korahallen.html

Post by korahallen »

The Bloody Jack series by L.A Meyer were amazing books and would make amazing movies.
Silviyr

Post by Silviyr »

Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson. It was an amazing read and I'm sure the movie would be even better.
AutumnPhillips
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by AutumnPhillips »

Feather369 wrote:I would love to see the Child Thief by Brom made into a movie.
Oh, I heard about this book just a few weeks ago! :D You know, if you like dark versions of Peter Pan, I might have a recommendation. But it's a TV show, I hope you don't mind :) "Once Upon A Time" on ABC has a re-telling of Peter Pan... and he's very, VERY, bad... One of the other characters says about him, "Be careful... He may look like a boy, but he's a bloody demon". Also, fair warning! "Once Upon A Time" is a pretty dark show in general... and some pretty bad CGI lol :D
Feather369
Currently Reading: The Help
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feather369.html

Post by Feather369 »

AutumnPhillips wrote:
Feather369 wrote:I would love to see the Child Thief by Brom made into a movie.
Oh, I heard about this book just a few weeks ago! :D You know, if you like dark versions of Peter Pan, I might have a recommendation. But it's a TV show, I hope you don't mind :) "Once Upon A Time" on ABC has a re-telling of Peter Pan... and he's very, VERY, bad... One of the other characters says about him, "Be careful... He may look like a boy, but he's a bloody demon". Also, fair warning! "Once Upon A Time" is a pretty dark show in general... and some pretty bad CGI lol :D
Im actually already addicted to the series :D. I am currently waiting on the next season. But im open to any suggestions you might have. :D

Return to “Films and Books”