Jodi Picoult

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
literallylovely
Bookshelf Size: 0

Jodi Picoult

Post by literallylovely »

I generally reccomend all books by this author because they are all captivating and very well-written, which i admire, but recently I have read Keeping Faith and The Pact, which more than lived up to my standards. Jodi Picoult is also the author of My Sister's Keeper, which is the book that got me hooked on her and has now been made into a movie. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I definitely reccomend the book, if you can stand a good cry.
Phobophobia

Post by Phobophobia »

The Pact is a brilliant book. One of my personal favourites.
I just bought 'Nineteen Minutes', and plan on reading it shortly.
What were your thoughts on this book, without giving away any important details?
ekomay3

Post by ekomay3 »

I've read all of her books, and Nineteen Minutes is one of her better novels, next to The Pact. If you loved The Pact, I bet you'll very much enjoy this one as well...at least I did!
literallylovely

I am going to borrow Nineteen Minutes from my friend Heather as soon as she finishes. I'm trading the two i have with her for it because I've heard it was really good and I'm looking forward to reading it...
texascat

Post by texascat »

I like Jodi Picoult because every book she writes is about something completely different. And they are always topics that are interesting and have different points of view, not black and white. Issues to think about. Loved Nineteen Minutes and have also read Changing Hearts and Vanishing Acts. Will be looking to read more in the future.
courtneylayne

Post by courtneylayne »

My favorite Jodi Picoult book is definitely The Tenth Circle. Probably because it was the first of her books that I read.. but either way, I highly recommend it.
literallylovely

I finally bought the book and finished reading it last week. I would have to agree that it is one of the best that I have read by Jodi Picoult. And I strongly reccomend it.
hania5

Post by hania5 »

I have only read one Jodi Picoult book - The Plain Truth. Have you read this, and how does Nineteen minutes compare?
Pinkpaper

Post by Pinkpaper »

I quite liked nineteen minutes and I also have the pact to read. I got those two books as I heard those two are her better ones (I already know the plot line to my sisters keeper)

What do you think about the books following the same formula? This is what has put me off getting more of her books.
literallylovely

Jodi Picoult's writing style is evident in all of the books that I've read so far, but each one follows a different topic and it is not obvious as to how the novel will progress.
anshu 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anshu-14.html

Post by anshu 14 »

I read Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult some time back.

The changing narratives tells the story from each person's perspective, which makes it even more riveting. The court room only analyzes the actions and its repercussions. The friends and family only knows the grief for the muredered kids. Picoult beautifully brideges the gap.

Though the book raised an important issue, the fact that the protaganist is not understood or empathised by the society even till the end is very sad.
augustblack216
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-augustblack216.html

Post by augustblack216 »

I haven't read all of Jodi Picoults book but the few I read were very very good. A Change of Heart was my favorite and should be read by any mother. It puts you in the situation in which you must make a difficult decision, one you never thought youd be faced with.
zarinss

Post by zarinss »

I love Jodi Picoult, although I have to say that I didn't like some of her more recent works as much as her others. However, her latest, The Storyteller, is by far my favorite! It is a little different than some of her other works since it deals with a lot of history. Nineteen Minutes was also one of my favorites. I also liked Vanishing Acts and Change of Heart.
lbuckman
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbuckman.html
Latest Review: "Lingering..." by Casey Harvell

Post by lbuckman »

I love Jodi Picoult books - they are always worth reading - never an obvious answer.
Latest Review: "Lingering..." by Casey Harvell
Lhall22
Favorite Author: Sue Grafton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhall22.html
fav_author_id: 3282

Post by Lhall22 »

I love Jodi Picoult; Her books always center on interesting topics. I think I've read most of her books. Nineteen Minutes, the Pact, House Rules, Sing You Home, Handle with care and now The StoryTeller, are my favorites from her.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”