Review for Northern Spring: At the Crossroad : Book One

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review for Northern Spring: At the Crossroad : Book One

Post by dhwanis »

The first time I saw this book, it was on facebook. The cover was so alluring that I wanted to have my hands around it. This is definitely one of those books that people would pick up when it is on shelves.

‘Northern Spring’ is

a story revolving around Eva Mccarthy and the people close to her. Initially, the story takes a while to pick up, but around 18% in, the story picks up in such a way that you have to keep reading it until the last page, and then you wish the second half was out already!
The characterizations are 3-dimensional. Initially, since many characters were introduced at once, it took a while to get used to them. The female characters are just perfecto. Each is different from the other and each has their own aspirations, likes and dislikes. It has been a while to have read such a collection of women. The way they embrace their imperfections was a delight to read.

Coming to the storyline, the author has taken care of tying even the minute details. The story starts when we meet Eva, who is broke as she trusted her ex-husband with all the finances and decides to take up a job. What happens next? Can she overcome her past and accept what the future has in store?

The pace and the writing style is quite mature, yet simple. It is fresh and makes up for an interesting read.

Overall rating:
Cover: 5/5
Story: 4.5/5
Characters: 5/5
Overal: 4.75/5

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”