Official Review: The Beauty of the Fall by Rich Marcello

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Official Review: The Beauty of the Fall by Rich Marcello

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

matildajay wrote:I thoroughly enjoy how this review was written, as it really lays out the narrative of the novel from despair to a compassionate climb for betterment; without any spoilers. You can feel a sense of comradery to Dan even before opening the first page yourself. Thanks for a great review, this book has gone on my "To Read" shelf for sure.
Thank you, matildajay! I try my best to write reviews as honest as I can. It's a really beautiful book. Happy reading! :techie-studyinggray:
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
abhishek7081
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by abhishek7081 »

The Beauty of the fall begins Dan is trying to make sense of it all. We witness the self-destruction Dan goes through. He is a character that I did always root for, as ultimately Rich Marcello writes him as a fully fleshed out person. I liked the terms mental health, self-harm, and therapy aren’t buzz words in the book.
I liked that Dan is surrounded by women characters. Willow is a superb character and the element of poetry, tucked up with the poetic narrative, a challenge to the current market trend in terms of writing.
Lovela
Currently Reading: Reagan's Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovela.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Lovela »

Great review! It is clearly seen the reviewer loves the book, loves the personages. First of all he/she really appreciates the lessons which were taught to audience and the main lesson is " Never lose a hope whenever the situation might be".A well done job! Thank you!
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

abhishek7081 wrote:The Beauty of the fall begins Dan is trying to make sense of it all. We witness the self-destruction Dan goes through. He is a character that I did always root for, as ultimately Rich Marcello writes him as a fully fleshed out person. I liked the terms mental health, self-harm, and therapy aren’t buzz words in the book.
I liked that Dan is surrounded by women characters. Willow is a superb character and the element of poetry, tucked up with the poetic narrative, a challenge to the current market trend in terms of writing.
Indeed, your points are true. Have you read the book?

-- March 13th, 2017, 10:44 pm --
Lovela wrote:Great review! It is clearly seen the reviewer loves the book, loves the personages. First of all he/she really appreciates the lessons which were taught to audience and the main lesson is " Never lose a hope whenever the situation might be".A well done job! Thank you!
Thank you, Lovela! I do love his book so much. It has taught me a lot of lessons in life.
Jessica Samuelsen
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-samuelsen.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jessica Samuelsen »

Calling this book intellectual is spot on. It was a very thought provoking read. I feel like you represented this book really well. The interpersonal turmoil of Dan I found riveting. I like what you said about the characters, they did offer a variety of views that were a good balance for Dan.
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Ellie Gatillo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Jessica Samuelsen wrote:Calling this book intellectual is spot on. It was a very thought provoking read. I feel like you represented this book really well. The interpersonal turmoil of Dan I found riveting. I like what you said about the characters, they did offer a variety of views that were a good balance for Dan.
Thank you, Jessica!
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

This sounds like a great book! I'm glad you included that it is a book that changes the way you see life because books like that are hard to come by. This is definitely something I would consider reading. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
dennis kimutai
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 759

Post by dennis kimutai »

It's indeed a nice book with unique characters.The book brings a new perspective of life and its challenges as to what Dan is going through.I also find the story interesting because it has creativity.
Florence Aboto N
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-aboto-n.html

Post by Florence Aboto N »

It's such an inspiring book especially for those who have gone through series of problems and have lost hope of survival. Encouraging, great thanks to the author "Rich Marcello".
MsLavender

Post by MsLavender »

Very very beautiful piece of art, this one really captures my attention.
hailvilla18
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley

Post by hailvilla18 »

The review captured my attention. It made me feel interested of reading the book. I want to give the reviewer a compliment for giving me a clear insight on what the book is about.
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
vidhya S
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhya-s.html

Post by vidhya S »

It seems like an inspiring and encouraging book

-- 17 Mar 2017, 09:47 --

Nice review! It doesn't sound like it's one of my normal go-to genres, but it does sound interesting. It's always nice to read a well written book that doesn't contain any sort of errors.
shristi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shristi.html

Post by shristi »

Interesting.. good story.. must read it
ACO
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by ACO »

I love book because the book give positive education about second option and it helps us to understand and to build on hope for a positive outcome through the journey of life especially when the road seems not too smooth.
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Great review. This book is very inspiring because of the character of Dan who surpassed all his miserable experience in his past and became a successful businessman.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”