20 Short Ones: 20 Short Stories By Dan Salerno

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

20 Short Ones: 20 Short Stories By Dan Salerno

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Christian Fiction

STORY-LINE 20 SHORT ONES: 20 SHORT STORIES

20 Short Ones: 20 Short Stories, filled with stories of hope, redemption, and in some cases forgiveness, the reader finds a relaxing and inspirational read. Each story's short, however, all are complete. Exploring human relationships and the human heart, Salerno crafted a glimpse of romance and friendship.

My Christian fiction novel review of 20 Short Ones: 20 Short Stories follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

In 20 Short Ones: 20 Short Stories, the reader finds 20 stories which are short in length and long in content. Filled with hope and expectations of good things to come, 20 Short Ones' a feel good read. Each story is complete unto its self. This book does not focus on one religious group, but features several from Catholic to Jewish and ones in-between. Salerno is an equal opportunity author.

With skillful development, Salerno, holds the reader's attention and causes the reader to think. Each story's different with a different meaning and concept, however each is filled with hope of better things to come. The pace of each story's correct for its length. Short Stories and novellas do not allow the author to develop complex characters and story-lines, however Salerno did a good job of developing the story-lines in a short space of pages.

Finally, in concluding my Christian fiction novel review of 20 Short Ones: 20 Short Stories, I found solid story lines, original premises, and skillful writing.

20 SHORT ONES: 20 SHORT STORIES RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest Christian fiction novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary Christian fiction novel review.
Reuben 92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Bookshelf Size: 827
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reuben-92.html
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg

Post by Reuben 92 »

Thanks for this review: it sounds like an interesting and varied collection that is well-executed!
"Every reader is, while he is reading, the reader of his own self. The writer's work is merely a kind of optical instrument which he offers to the reader to enable him to discern what...he would perhaps never have perceived in himself."
Proust
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”