Official Review: Impressions by Dan Groat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Re: Official Review: Impressions by Dan Groat

Post by AA1495 »

Bandersnatch wrote:This sounds like a really nice book. I love when stories manage to surprise me, especially since these days they're hard to come by. Great review!
I'm sure you'll love this book - I hope you give it a chance! Thank You for your comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 13:13 --
Vermont Reviews wrote:Great review. I did purchase this book to add to my 2017 reading list.
Vermont Reviews
I hope you like it. Do let me know your review of the book when you finish reading it. Thank You for your comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 13:14 --
Kdonegan91 wrote:Great review! I can't wait to read more. I absolutely love books like this. I find it amazing how the stories have very little character detail but yet the reader connects with the character.
I'm sure you'll like most stories. I hope you chose to read this book. Thank You for your comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 13:15 --
Strangerthanfiction wrote:Great review! I love the idea of so many short stories in one place especially when they turn out to have unexpected endings. Congrats to the author on such a wonderful review. I will definitely be purchasing this book. Thanks so much for sharing.
I hope you like it. Let me know your review of the book when you finish reading it. Thank You so much! :D
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Post by L_Therese »

55 short stories has got to be hard to develop, but I'm glad to know that the author did such a good job overall creating interesting and engaging characters and continuously surprising the reader. Grammar errors are too bad, though.
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

I like the idea of flash fiction stories being this inspirational. The OCD story sounded especially interesting. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

L_Therese wrote:55 short stories has got to be hard to develop, but I'm glad to know that the author did such a good job overall creating interesting and engaging characters and continuously surprising the reader. Grammar errors are too bad, though.
The author did a good job overall. I hope you give the book a chance! Thank You for your comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 13:42 --
jamesabr wrote:I like the idea of flash fiction stories being this inspirational. The OCD story sounded especially interesting. Thanks for the review!
It was very interesting! I hope you give the book a chance! Thank You for your comment! :D
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Nice review! Your review totally matches my thoughts after reading through the online sample. The author has some incredible talent to paint such complete pictures with so few words.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

greenstripedgiraffe wrote:Nice review! Your review totally matches my thoughts after reading through the online sample. The author has some incredible talent to paint such complete pictures with so few words.
I agree. I hope you read the book further. Thank You so much! :D
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by James Craft »

Congrats on the great review! I love stories with unexpected endings, so I'll get this one and check it out for sure!
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

Awesome review. Congrats on being BOTD. I love short stories and with the review stating most are inspirational makes it even more interesting . I will definitely be reading this compilation of short stories.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I like the inspiring messages given in each short story. It sounds very uplifting. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

This sounds like a touching novel, great job on the review!
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

James Craft wrote:Congrats on the great review! I love stories with unexpected endings, so I'll get this one and check it out for sure!
That's nice to hear! Let me know how you like it once you read it! Thanks for your comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 14:57 --
mindyg123 wrote:Awesome review. Congrats on being BOTD. I love short stories and with the review stating most are inspirational makes it even more interesting . I will definitely be reading this compilation of short stories.
Thank You so much! I hope you enjoy reading the book! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 14:58 --
CrescentMoon wrote:I like the inspiring messages given in each short story. It sounds very uplifting. Great review!
It is uplifting. Thank You for your comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 14:59 --
Sarah_Khan wrote:This sounds like a touching novel, great job on the review!
Some stories were touching! Thank You so much! :D
Jories4
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Jories4 »

A great book with powerful stories and different topicsm I will definitely be checking this one out. Thanks for your review
-Dan
Esies98
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esies98.html

Post by Esies98 »

Impresive review, i am always willing to read inspiring stories, specially ones with such a good rating. Thanks!
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Jories4 wrote:A great book with powerful stories and different topics I will definitely be checking this one out. Thanks for your review
I hope you like it! Thank You for the comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 15:20 --
Esies98 wrote:Impresive review, i am always willing to read inspiring stories, specially ones with such a good rating. Thanks!
I hope you give this book a chance! I think you'll like it. Thank You for your comment! :D
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

Wow how interesting about the endings... makes me curious to read this, even though I typically stay away from short story collections. It's also quite a skill to be able to craft a good story within such a small number of pages!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”