Albina by Aleksandra Layland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Albina by Aleksandra Layland

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Albina
A Wildflower Saga Novella
By Aleksandra Layland

This is the story of one of the twins in the family of the Lord Loris Kennet and Lady Keridwen. Albina tells her mother after the first day of school that she wished that having rank and place in society did not have to be the reason that people accepted those who were different from them, or at least didn’t behave rudely to their face. The change in the hearts of the people often took generations of intermarriage, before people saw things differently her mother told her. Albina was an excellent student and was often 2 years ahead of the other students. One of my favorite lines from the story. “Subtle prejudice and racism can be just as daunting as the overt kind. Laws had been strengthened to guarantee their rights, but laws aren’t always perfectly implemented and they don’t change the hearts of the people.” The importance of family comes to life through this story. Aleksandra Layland is a great storyteller. She shows her readers a wonderful world through her characters. I absolutely love the Wildflower series. I have rated this one a solid 5 stars. I look forward with anticipation in finishing the series. It has made it to the top of my 2017 reading list.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”