Official Review: In the Light of the Full Cold Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Official Review: In the Light of the Full Cold Moon

Post by Silvermoon »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In the Light of the Full Cold Moon" by Susan Elizabeth Girard.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Light of the Full Cold Moon by Susan Elizabeth Girard is a fantastic fiction tale with spiritual insight. The story is about Savannah, who is the youngest of five children and was born later in her parent's lives. Savannah is a loner, and with her proclivity to illness and her parent's advanced age, Savannah lives in an apartment above their garage. She is going through a difficult period, and this story is about the path she takes and how it changes her perspective and her life.

Savannah's journey to enlightenment and self-discovery is a compelling story. It begins with Savannah fighting horrible anxiety attacks, even in her sleep. To combat the fear, Savannah uses techniques that she has learned from some of her mentors, such as Deepak Chopra. Going into a deep meditative state, Savannah journeys through the Pacific Northwest Rainforest where she has lived all her life. Deep in the forest, Savannah discovers a small cabin and meets Ratiffa, it's inhabitant. Ratiffa is one of Savannah's guides and is there to help her find the answers to the issues that trouble her. Ratiffa introduces Savannah to many other guides when Savannah "soul flies" to her homestead destination. The guides come from many different ethnic backgrounds and religious affiliations. Each of them has messages to give Savannah and lessons to teach her.

This book is chock full of astonishing and viable details that were interesting and exciting to me. It is an enlightening story that touches nearly every aspect of our planet, and I was thrilled with the applicable, practical advice and instructions that it contained. Although the story is fascinating and illuminating, I was a little disappointed that it doesn't portray how Savannah applies what she has learned in the astral. The author hints at how Savannah has reformed her actions in the present world, but she doesn't show how it affected those she came in contact with in this plane. It would have been nice to see Savannah's new perspectives in action to keep the story from presenting a facade of fantasy or perhaps a schizophrenic dream world from a troubled mind.

The author has stepped out of the box to write this profound and compelling story, and I applaud her work. She has added beautiful photographs from the Pacific Northwest throughout the book. Their addition enhances the imagery of the story, and for me, it was helpful in understanding the realism in a meditative state. The pictures present the location of Savannah's meditations and her guides with a third-dimensional quality and structure.

This book is a very well-written, and I highly recommend it to those who love a spiritual pick me up. The counsel and guidance that Savannah receives are relevant to the world as a whole. What Savannah learns from her meditations is phenomenally inspiring and life-transforming. I believe it would benefit everyone who is willing to listen and learn. Because of its creative beauty, edifying counseling, and remarkable presentation, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

In the Light of the Full Cold Moon
View: on Bookshelves

Like Silvermoon's review? Post a comment saying so!
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Thank you for the review! It sounds like this story is very interesting, but I am not sure it is my cup of tea. Coming of Age stories are always compelling, though! It is also true that one can learn from nearly everyone, despite background differences.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html

Post by Silvermoon »

The concepts in the book are eye opening and help the reader appreciate the complex beauty of earth and how to maintain it. Thank you for responding to my review. :D
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Great job on the review! This sounds like a fascinating read. I don't I've read a spiritual pick-me-up, but this one sounds like a good one to start with. I also like how Savannah sounds like a wonderfully developed character. Glad you enjoyed it!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very fascinating read. I would love to read about what Savannah learns from her meditations. Good job on the review. Congratulations to Susan Elizabeth Girard on such an obviously well written book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”