The 45th Nail By Michael and Ian Lahey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The 45th Nail By Michael and Ian Lahey

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE THE 45TH NAIL:

Authors Michael and Ian Lahey's contemporary fiction novel, The 45th Nail, an intensively thought-provoking and emotion filled novel, takes the reader through the emotions and devastation of war. The authors explore the intimacy of war as well as the after-effects.

Sgt. James Savorski never returned home from WW11. Listed as missing in action on May 25, 1944 at Anzio, his nephew Bob receives a Christmas card post marked Anzio from James in 1987. Later he receives a beautiful old medallion along with a mysterious message post marked Salerno.

Bob's determined to find his Uncle; under the pretext of learning more of France, Bob heads off for Italy. What he will find changes his life and his perceptions forever.

Come along with Bob in an adventure and revelations of a lifetime. My contemporary fiction novel review of The 45th Nail follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, AND DEVELOPMENT:

First, let me say, this novel will open the reader's eyes to war and the continuing consequences which haunt the survivors and victims. The Lahey's wove mystery into the story-line as they lead the readers through Italy and the journey of revelations, both good and bad. The reader does not discover the significance of the 45th nail until the last part of the story which left me surprised and amazed. Weaving many plot lines together, the authors wove a clear and complete picture of Sgt Savorski, guilt, war, and its aftermath; as well as, the redemption Savorski seeks.

Furthermore, the Laheys developed their characters with skill and competence. The reader becomes enmeshed into the story-line as they follow James and Bob through a journey of discovery. By the end of the story I had tears in my eyes and a sadness in my heart for all the men who did and did not come home from his atrocious war.

The pacing of the story was in line with the length of the book. However I did find that near the end of the story, the pace seemed to slow considerably, picking up again in the last chapters.

Finally, in concluding my contemporary fiction novel review of The 45th Nail, I found a solid story-line filled with mystery and emotion seen from the prospective of the participates.

THE 45TH NAIL RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I would recommend this book for young adults and adults due to subject matter. I would not hesitate to buy this book for anyone who enjoys an intense story of war and its consequences.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest contemporary fiction novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary contemporary fiction novel review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”