Last of the Third by John Lindholm Coming of Age Story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Last of the Third by John Lindholm Coming of Age Story

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Last of the Third
By
John Lindholm

John Lindholm in his novel Last of the Third shows his readers the story of his main character Shawn McMaster. Shawn from an early age has loved the game of baseball and this story will be one that you will remember for a long time after you finish the story. At times in the story I found myself being brought to tears. The family reunion after Shawn had gone missing for the last four years was very emotional. The McMaster family has a family restaurant and a baseball field in the small country village of Quail, Pennsylvania. Shawn was one of the best outfielders in all of Pennsylvania. Some of my favorite lines from the story. “Changing a habit, ending a lifestyle required a drastic move.” Shawn’s girlfriend Cece seems to be hiding a secret that she needs to confront before the end of the story. Larry Schneider better known as Larry Last throughout the story provides much of the background of the story. Billy and Greta McMaster are the father and mother that provide the support of their prodigal son Shawn as he returns home. My least favorite character in the story was Albert Muldoon. You will find this story, one that will tug at your heartstrings. The Winner’s Locker Room and The Final Exam will be the true test. The game of baseball has certainly changed since I played back in the 1960’s. It is not just about the game any longer. Now it is more about where the game will bring you and the advantages it will give you in life. I have rated this novel a solid 5 stars.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”