Official Review: Contemplations by Lisa M. Gott

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Loverockers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lations</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverockers.html
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott

Official Review: Contemplations by Lisa M. Gott

Post by Loverockers »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Contemplations by Lisa M Gott is a collection of sentimental short stories and poems that explore several different themes, out of them the dominant ones are; letting go, moving on, reminiscing about the past, and striving to do good in our lives. The book is comprised of seven poems and seventeen short stories. It is about eighty pages in length, with most short stories being two pages long and poems being of five stanzas.

Lisa's collection was truly inspirational and interesting to read. I found her poems so well written and well balanced, the words that she used, and their placement were so ideal. Majority of the poems did not rhythm, nevertheless, the way the words were weaved made the poem musical and smooth. The style of the poems did vary slightly, but one way or another, they were similar. Some had a witty tone, like Beautiful Monster, which critized a cheating lover, some like Forgotten were plain in nature, but very relatable - as it explored the subject of unfaithful friends, and then there were intense and powerful ones like Locked Away. I personally enjoy, appreciate, and determine a poet's skill depending upon how they deal with intense poetry. So Lisa definitely made the cut with her wonderful poetry skills.

The poems that stood out to me were Beautiful Monster, Change and Whole Again, as they were engaging, creative, and smooth in reading.

Lisa's short stories on the other hand, were mostly quite concise and quick to read, but they were sufficient in all story elements - they had an attractive start, a gripping climax, and then a satisfying end, the sort that left you with a good feeling. Lisa's works included a man doing good to make a name for himself after he's gone, two strangers finding love over a hat, a women embracing her insecurities, a bride saying goodbye to her past life, and a deceased father finally moving on. The short stories which I loved were Invisible, A Performance to Remember, the Bus, The Things You Keep to Yourself and Arthur.

The one thing that I absolutely loved about Lisa's stories were that they were very emotionally powerful. Lisa's writing is quite intense and profound, she has the ability to make the simplest of things sound deep and attractive, for instance, in her Lost she has described the scene of an early morning in such detail that I could feel the warmth of the sun on my skin.

I absolutely loved Lisa’s writing, and would recommend it to others. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. :techie-studyinggray: :D

Contemplations
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Loverockers's review? Post a comment saying so!
Clifora
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifora.html
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps

Post by Clifora »

Wow, it seems like you really, really enjoyed this book! It sounds quite interesting. Thank you for the great review!
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”

— T.S. Eliot
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps
Loverockers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lations</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverockers.html

Post by Loverockers »

Clifora wrote:Wow, it seems like you really, really enjoyed this book! It sounds quite interesting. Thank you for the great review!
Glad that I could be of any help =)

Indeed, it was a wonderful read, and I hpe you'll check it out too :lol:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”