Official Review: Hello, My Love by Evy Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Hello, My Love by Evy Journey

Post by e-tasana-williams »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Greg is an engaged millionaire playboy who has never been in love. Elise is a younger, naïve law student. He is intrigued by her. She is reluctant to accept the feelings she has for him. Throw in a devious fiancée, a mystery, and some unexpected plot twists, and you have the makings of Evy Journey's novel Hello, My Love. It is the first installment in the author's Between Two Worlds trilogy, which fits in the women's fiction genre.

Journey is a fan of Jane Austen novels, and that is reflected in her writing. The verbal sparring and palpable undercurrents of romantic tension between the hero and heroine are reminiscent of the relationship between Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy in Austen's Pride and Prejudice. In addition, Elise is fiercely independent with a habit of dismissing men who are attracted to her, similar to Elizabeth Bennet. Journey injects just the right amount of tension with conflicts in the story, sufficient to add complexity to the plot without slowing the pace to a crawl.

Readers looking for a good love story to get lost in will enjoy this book. The tale at first appears to be a typical romance set in the San Francisco Bay area and Provence, France. But the plot soon makes the first of several twists, disintegrating any presumptions the reader has of this being a formulaic love story. Without including spoilers, the title has a more complex meaning than it seems to at first, which is revealed as the plot unfolds. While reading the novel, the audience will find characters they will side with and others they will love to hate.

Readers who prefer stories with a damsel in distress looking to be rescued, will not find that here. Elise is a character written from a feminist perspective. She has depth, and is career-minded and no-nonsense. She can take care of herself (until she can't).

Journey has written that she has an academic writing background. This book shows that she is well-rounded and adept at fiction as well. Hello, My Love is accessible and moves along at a nice pace. You will not want to put this book down until you have read the last page. The novel is well-edited, resulting in a professional presentation. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Read it, and then look forward to reading the other two installments in this trilogy.

Hello, My Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Eatsleaves's review? Post a comment saying so!
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Matpadil
Currently Reading: The Boxcar Traveler
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Matpadil »

Good preview. Continue your writing
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival

Post by e-tasana-williams »

Thank you Matpadil! Apologies for the late response...I just saw your comment.
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Sounds like a great read! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing your review.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like an interesting and enjoyable story with delightful characters. If this is something like Pride and Prejudice then I would probably enjoy it :) Good job on the review. Congratulations to Evy Journey on such an obviously well written book.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Sounds like a cute tale. I like strong female characters that can take of themselves. Interesting that the relationship between the hero and heroine are reminiscent of those between Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. Good job on the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I like that this is 1 of 3 books. Although I do enjoy stand-alone novels, it's nice to have something to look forward to (especially when book 1 has a 4/4 rating!). Thank you so much for the review. Congrats to the author!
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Seems like fans of Romance will enjoy this trilogy. I'm glad you liked it. Thank You for the detailed review.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Great review! I find it nice and refreshing when an author uses a classic author as an inspiration for her/his writing. Having a strong female lead is always great in any novel, and I'm curious about what makes the title more complex than face value. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what seems like a great read!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
jungkookblog
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jungkookblog.html

Post by jungkookblog »

Great review! This seems like a great romance novel. The plot is amazing
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Good job on the review :) This book does sound interesting but I feel like the plot reminds me of other books/movies too much so I think I'll pass on reading it.
chrisann2780
Favorite Author: Colleen Coble
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrisann2780.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
fav_author_id: 5369

Post by chrisann2780 »

Like the review and that there was a twist to this one. Congrats to the author on BOTD.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Excellent review. Well written and I agree there is more to this book than meets the eye. I enjoyed the preview and the other reviews on this, today's book of the day.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

Great review! It makes the book sound incredibly interesting. I have sampled this book, since it is today's book of the day, and I am so glad that it is, because it is definitely going to be a book that I will read soon.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

Hello, my Love seems ro be a blockbuster in making. Looling forwaed to read the entire novel. Congrats on being the BOTD.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”