Official Review: The Diary Of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Re: Official Review: The Diary Of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like a really interesting read. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
SandraTWP-BRW
Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by SandraTWP-BRW »

Thank you for this review. I was unsure when I saw the FB post with it being "raw contemporary fiction," but your review gives me a picture of an interacting community of people who are staying connected with the main character. I went ahead and downloaded the book and added it to my to-read list.
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
jean602
Currently Reading: Big Flies
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by jean602 »

Congratulations for such a wonderful review.I can't wait to reado the book.
Majikalone
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 552">It</a>
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majikalone.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Majikalone »

The Diary of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd is a book that had already caught my eye, and after reading your detailed and in-depth review I'm convinced that it's a book that I will enjoy. Reading about depression strikes a nerve with me, as I've dealt with the topic myself, and even though I've never suffered from agoraphobia I can certainly empathize with Harri's reasoning for staying indoors. The fact that she has such a strong support group, and especially the mixed bag of folks that wander in and out of her house make this insight into Harri's life and her condition more lighthearted than dark! Thank you for a wonderful review that I found to be a delight to read!
moonlightlin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by moonlightlin »

Thank you very much for this review!

I love books that are about mental illnesses and psychology. I myself as a depressed person can easily relate to the days that one stays home with no human contact and I have recently started to get better. So I can totally relate to this book and for sure it will be on my to-be-read-soon books pile!

Great one!
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thank you for the review. I like it when the author is able to create a character that seems so real you almost forget they are actually fictional.
Stormigrl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8695">LEFT neglected</a>
Currently Reading: Here Comes the Sun
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Stormigrl »

What a powerful read. I am totally moved by this book. Wherer the reader isn't just the reader but instead a part of the book. I much enjoyed it and can't wait to read more.
purplepeepleeater
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplepeepleeater.html

Post by purplepeepleeater »

Sounds like what I'm going through right now, will definitely give it a look. Great review!! Thanks
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Great review and congrats to the author on being chosen as BOTD! I got my copy and I am looking forward to reading it! It sounds like it can help others who do not fully understand issues surrounding these conditions...AND, it seems that those who do suffer in these ways may find comfort in knowing they are not alone.
lindamoffitt02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 957
Reading Device: B07TMJ1R3X

Post by lindamoffitt02 »

Great Review! I can't wait to read this, especially since it's not all serious and to see what quirky happenings, happen. Thanks for sharing with us
supermommy235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supermommy235.html

Post by supermommy235 »

this is a wonderful review, I can not wait to start reading this book.
LifeTimeBookAddict
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9">Needful Things</a>
Currently Reading: Crematorium
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lifetimebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by LifeTimeBookAddict »

Thanks for the thorough review of The Diary of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd. Having one family member and a friend with agoraphobia, I'm very intrigued to read this book, and I understand this struggle. Your insight raised some questions that I need to find the answers to, and that was a perfect hook to draw me in. If Harri has an anxiety disorder like this, I'm surprised she doesn't lock her door, and that she is surrounded by people "who keep her connected with the outside world." My personal experience with people with this disorder is that they don't trust anyone, and they don't want to be social. They are certainly depressed, yet won't take their prescribed medication that could help them.

So I need to find out who these people are and whether or not they're trust worthy because I am already suspicious of them! And if we the readers are led to believe Harri "seems like a real woman" and we never get the impression she's fictional, I can't help but take the opportunity to read between the lines, which is just what I hope for in a good book; not to be spoon fed the plot. Thanks for drawing me in with your review. You inadvertently removed the question of whether or not I should read this book, even though I've never heard of the author. Yes, I should; thank you!
avelardez

Post by avelardez »

Great review! I didn't plan on reading this book but this review got me interested! I'm going to start right now!
lane_vespertine
Currently Reading: Ilium
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lane-vespertine.html
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Post by lane_vespertine »

What an interesting concept for a book!
I too, like you mention in the review, wonder at the author's connection to agoraphobia.
Very well written review!
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I like The Diary Of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd because it is about living with the flaws of life, and dealing with them on a daily basis. I like the setting and your review is excellent in that it explains enough to make the book very interesting, yet is great it has no spoiler.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”