Official Review: The Diary Of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tam0708
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tam0708.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Re: Official Review: The Diary Of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd

Post by tam0708 »

I agree the author did a good job in the way she presented the story. While I was reading it, I felt like I was actually reading Harri's diary. I also found that I kept hoping that Harri would fine a way out of her depression. However, the author showed how difficult it is for a person who have suffered such a traumatic event to recover from it and the depression that sips in.

I also did not put the book down until I reached the end of the book. I enjoyed your insight into the book.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by e-tasana-williams »

tam0708 wrote:I agree the author did a good job in the way she presented the story. While I was reading it, I felt like I was actually reading Harri's diary. I also found that I kept hoping that Harri would fine a way out of her depression. However, the author showed how difficult it is for a person who have suffered such a traumatic event to recover from it and the depression that sips in.

I also did not put the book down until I reached the end of the book. I enjoyed your insight into the book.
Thank you for your response. I'm glad you got a chance to read the book, and that you enjoyed it. For me it was one of those books that just held me captive, and made me think about people who suffer from mental illness in relative isolation. Maybe they have lots of people around like Harri did, but don't share the true depths of their problem with anyone because they don't want to feel like they are a "burden", especially to the ones closest to them.

-- October 17th, 2016, 12:43 pm --
SandraTWP-BRW wrote:Thank you for this review. I was unsure when I saw the FB post with it being "raw contemporary fiction," but your review gives me a picture of an interacting community of people who are staying connected with the main character. I went ahead and downloaded the book and added it to my to-read list.
Thank you for your response. Yes, Harri was surrounded by people who cared about her, and she was a part of the community even with her agoraphobia. As I read the book I got the sense she was a very loving person, concerned about those around her, and contributing in whatever way she could. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

-- October 17th, 2016, 12:48 pm --
moonlightlin wrote:Thank you very much for this review!

I love books that are about mental illnesses and psychology. I myself as a depressed person can easily relate to the days that one stays home with no human contact and I have recently started to get better. So I can totally relate to this book and for sure it will be on my to-be-read-soon books pile!

Great one!
Thank you! I'm glad to hear you are healing. These types of books seem to draw me in, too. Sue Lloyd did an expert job of describing depression and agoraphobia in this book; even people with no experience with either of these conditions can empathize with Harri. I hope you get a chance to read this one.

-- October 17th, 2016, 12:50 pm --
Majikalone wrote:The Diary of Harri Foxx by Sue Lloyd is a book that had already caught my eye, and after reading your detailed and in-depth review I'm convinced that it's a book that I will enjoy. Reading about depression strikes a nerve with me, as I've dealt with the topic myself, and even though I've never suffered from agoraphobia I can certainly empathize with Harri's reasoning for staying indoors. The fact that she has such a strong support group, and especially the mixed bag of folks that wander in and out of her house make this insight into Harri's life and her condition more lighthearted than dark! Thank you for a wonderful review that I found to be a delight to read!
Thank you for your response! This book seems to resonate with lots of people; this review has received more views and comments than any of my others. I hope you do get a chance to read and enjoy this story.
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”