Writing Trash and Hunting Buffalo by Jay Williams

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Writing Trash and Hunting Buffalo by Jay Williams

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Writing Trash and Hunting Buffalo
By Jay Williams

The author Jay Williams knows how to spin a story that will grow into an epic tale. The main characters Bart Bremmer, Valarie (June) Harding, Stan Rivers, and Paul Westfield make the story come alive. Stan Rivers notices that Bart is not his usual self and calls him into his office to meet with him about his upcoming appearance on a talk show. Bart hard-edged, but truthful articles took a dog to the top. He was personally responsible for making a small-time rag into a million circulation giant. When Bart meets up with the new writer June Harding the story really starts to ignite into a romantic twist. There are many different emotions that are presented for the reader to experience before the story ends. Bart Bremmer changes after finding out that his wealthy uncle who raised him had passed away. Some of my favorite lines from the story. “To a writer, a bar is the most important place in his life- after the desk his typewriter sits on.” Another one, “I’m saying that most Americans are victims of their eyes. They believe, or fall for, what the see on the tube or in print. They don’t reason. They don’t, oh, they don’t question.”

Some of my thoughts while reading this story: War is a terrible experience for anyone who has survived one. The story reflects that in the characters of Paul and Bart.

Another line that I liked. “We can easily find flaws in others, and it’s because we ARE human.”

The plight of the buffalo and the Indians in the story reminds the reader of the early history of the United States. Bart finds like many others often too late the value of relationships. His uncle who raised him after Bart’s parents died. Really did love him. The author Jay Williams is able to show the reader many of the emotions and flaws that his characters possess.

A few more lines I enjoyed. “Redundant words are not good for writers. But they reinforce a statement.”

I found there to be a deepness to this story that you won’t want to miss. It is a read that will have you thinking about the story long after you finish reading it. Well written and a pleasure to read. I have rated this story a solid 5 stars. I would love to read more by this very talented author. His characters, story plot, and word usage are excellent.

Vermont Reviews
:techie-studyingbrown:
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”