Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shaynac17
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaynac17.html

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

Post by shaynac17 »

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult is about a young woman's journey to find her mother who abandoned her when she was a little girl. The young woman, Paige, is torn at this particular point in her life. She is married to Nicholas who is a prestigious surgeon in their town, and they have a newborn named Max. Being a new mother, she has doubts that she can become a great mother herself since she did not have that mother figure in her life. At the drop of a hat, she packs up her bags and goes on an expedition to find her mother to ask her unanswered questions that Paige is craving to know. The question is, is this going to fulfil that missing piece, or is she going to lose another piece in her heart by leaving Nicholas and Max without notice?
This is one of my favorite books I've read because most of us can relate to having to choose between two decisions in our lives that may change it for the better or for the worse. Jodi Picoult does a great job demonstrating the different perspectives that Paige and Nicholas have on the sudden decision. The book is well-rounded, where you experience happy, sad, difficult, and stressful moments between the characters.
I recommend this book to anyone who likes fictional books that focuses on transformation and learning one self through hard choices one has to make in life. The book is almost 400 pages, but it's a book that is hard to put down once you start reading.
I hope this helps!
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Books about transformations often lead to small transformations within ourselves. I may need to read this one.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
shaynac17
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaynac17.html

Post by shaynac17 »

Let me know your opinion!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”