What's the funniest book you've ever read?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rooserfeather
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rooserfeather »

Let Sleeping Vets Lie, My Uncle Arch And Other People, Mallory's Pub At Misery Ponds :lol:
The Mythwriter

Post by The Mythwriter »

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mark Twain, I always laugh at some of the satire in his books.
MissTrial

Post by MissTrial »

The Broke Diaries by Angela Nissel
macro01

Post by macro01 »

Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome. I read from
the first page to the end and made me laugh out loud
Particularly memorable were the attempts to open a tin
of fruit whilst on the river, and the escapades with the dog.
:lol:
timber

Post by timber »

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. I woke my kids up one night I was laughing so hard. The bad guy in the story kept me awake most of the night, but it was worth it.
icandoit

Post by icandoit »

confession of a reformed dieter by aj rochester
shop holic by sophie kinsella
half way across the galaxy turn back children's book
the bfg ronald dahl
and terry practett book
all funny
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Probably someting by Groucho Marx :D
textbookonly

Post by textbookonly »

Carlin wields his Promethean tongue like a nuclear bomb, sparing absolutely nothing.When I started reading Brain Droppings at a bookstore I was laughing so much a woman came up to me and asked what was I reading. Great way to break the ice. After I finished the last page I wondered if George ever read "Fragments" by sociologist/philosopher Jean Baudrillard who also offers a caustic but thought provoking observations about the human race. The only difference is George gives it a funny twist while Baudrillard takes more of a stoical point of view in pointing out our own stupidity. But both are equally keen observers that I sometimes wonder if George and Jean influenced each other as crazy as that might sound. The best books I love are the ones that change the way I see myself and the world and for anyone who enjoyed this book I recommend "Fragments" by Jean Baudrillard as a wonderful supplement to Brain Droppings. However, "Fragments" will take a little longer to absorb than the instant slapstick punchlines in Brain Droppings but its worth it! Read these two books and you'll see everything in the world as a divine comedy.
Curlytots

Post by Curlytots »

Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella is definately the funniest book I've read. (I like your taste chicklit :D )
andr70

Post by andr70 »

I read plenty of them.First it were books from my childhood, then books of russian humorist writer Zoshenko.
MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

I have to agree with Hana - Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff by Christopher Moore is one of the funniest books I've ever read.
mirth

Post by mirth »

The Blandings Castle and Jeeves books by PG Wodehouse are some of the funniest stories I've ever read. Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" is also a favorite of mine. Beatrice and Benedick's "skirmish of wit" brings a smile to my face every time. I also love Bill Bryson. His "Notes From A Small Island" had me laughing out loud!
martyrofevil

Post by martyrofevil »

Welcome to the N.H.K. for sure. There was a few parts where I had to put the book down so I could laugh for a good 10 minutes before I could even read anymore. It's also the most depressing comedy I've ever come across.
eetymaggie

Post by eetymaggie »

Bill Bryson for me too.He's so observant and his comments on the British and other European Nationals made me cringe and laugh out loud.
selfer

Post by selfer »

I think I've actually laughed the hardest reading Everything is Illuminated. Kind of twisted form of humor, though... The narrator is extraordinarily cocky but doesn't speak English very well. It's perfect! :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”