Lily and the Octopus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fallingstar924
Currently Reading: Modern Lovers
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fallingstar924.html

Lily and the Octopus

Post by fallingstar924 »

I just finished reading 'Lily and the Octopus' by Steven Rowley last night. Be ready with a box of tissues for the last half of the book!

**SPOILER ALERT**

The story is about a 42 year old man named Ted and his 12 year old dachshund named Lily. The beginning of the book introduces both characters and "the octopus" who has taken up residence on Lily's head. As the story goes on, we see how close the relationship between Ted and Lily is. This book also showed me that I'm not the only one that has conversations with my dog.

Ted fell into a pattern with Lily so that his life revolved around her. They had activities each night of the week, and spent a lot of time together. As Lily's health deteriorates and the octopus becomes bigger, Ted has to begin to accept what will happen in the worst case scenario.

The book explores a relationship between an owner and his longtime companion, Ted and the world, and personal relationships. It's an enjoyable book, especially for dog lovers, with fun moments throughout.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Is the octopus synomous with death for Lily?
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
fallingstar924
Currently Reading: Modern Lovers
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fallingstar924.html

Post by fallingstar924 »

Oh, but that's a spoiler for sure!
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Ha, fair enough! :)
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”