The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cleothereader
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleothereader.html
Latest Review: "Wrong Turn, Right Guy" by Haylie B. Fox

The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan

Post by Cleothereader »

Sullivan not only gives you one story to read but she instead gives you five! I different stories that connect into each other effortlessly. These different stories paint a moving picture through time and makes wonder what and how will things happen next. Although a thick book it is definitely worth the time spent reading it. A story like this one certainly deserves the time spent on it and if I say so myself is time will spent.
Latest Review: "Wrong Turn, Right Guy" by Haylie B. Fox
heather_kathryn
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather-kathryn.html

Post by heather_kathryn »

I enjoyed this read as well, especially some of the elements that tied together all of the different stories in various time periods. I was intrigued by the evolution of the tradition surrounding engagement rings, and the effortless way that the historical information was included in the text.
ashnance
Currently Reading: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashnance.html

Post by ashnance »

This sounds so interesting! I'm definitely going to have to add this to my list. Thank y'all for the comments!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”