Official Review: Deadly Twists and Turns of Fate

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Official Review: Deadly Twists and Turns of Fate

Post by lily_kh87 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deadly Twists and Turns of Fate" by Dwight Johnson.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Deadly Twists and Turns of Fate is a fictional novel written by Dwight Johnson. It talks about a group of four friends; Rob, Amber, Dillan and Haily. Dillan owns a Ouija board and brings it one day for all the friends to enjoy playing with it. Amber refuses the idea at first but then seems to be more interested when the board reveals a secret about her past that no one else knew about before. After the friends finish their questions to the board and everyone leaves home, things take a bad turn. Their lives are never the same again as they all get caught up in mysterious events including the death of one of the friends, the kidnapping of another by a group of terrorists, accidents, dealing with drugs and more.

What I liked the most about this novel is how fast-paced the events were. The writer got straight to the plot at the first chapter without any unneeded details or events. This made me interested in continuing to read from the first page. The plot of the novel was clever and the characters were likeable. Although I would have preferred if the writer gave more descriptions of the characters’ traits so I could visualize them more in my head while I read.

What I disliked the most about this novel is the number of spelling, grammatical and punctuation mistakes. I got so frustrated and confused while reading. Also, there was a wrong use of the characters’ names. Some words and sentences felt meaningless to me that I had to repeat reading them over and over to understand what the writer meant. Although I’m not a native-English speaker, but I’m pretty sure “Rajheem” is not a word and “from him family” is not a correct sentence! There also seemed to be a weakness in the conversations between the characters. They repeated sentences over and over for no reason and talked about stuff that didn’t seem related or important.

I really liked the ending of the novel. I thought it was well plotted and unexpected. But there’s one thing that ruined the ending for me. There was a core event that happened at the very beginning that the writer intentionally lied about. I felt that I was misled as a reader and this didn’t seem fair to me. The writer could have kept the surprise turn of events without the need to lie to us the way he did.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I would have given it a 3 if there were no spelling and grammatical mistakes and if the ending was plotted without cheating the reader. I recommend this novel to people who like mystery books and especially to teenagers as the topic of paranormal activities seem more appealing to them.

Deadly Twists and Turns of Fate
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like lily_kh87's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”