Sookie Stackhouse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CarolineA78
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Post by CarolineA78 »

I found reading the books made me like Sookie the tv character more - reading what was going on in her head made some of her decisions more understandable and less irritating :-P

The books are definitely much lighter reading than the tv series, but I'll admit a liking to both.
Rebecca_TX_77006
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-tx-77006.html

Post by Rebecca_TX_77006 »

A friend of mine in college introduced me to the books. I've always been late to the popular books. Once i read the first one, I couldn't put the books down. They are so intriguing. I love the mystery and romance and also Sookie's wit. I don't recall any points in these books that I got bored or had any downtime. There was ALWAYS something happening!! :D
Krystie

Post by Krystie »

I read all the books in 1 month!
They are easy to read and they have a lot of mystery. They are very different than the series with many more characters.
The last ones aren't so good as the first ones and I didn't like the end of the last book at all. Sookie ended up with Sam! Seriously? Sam? I wanted Eric. :cry:
My favorite books of the series are:
1)Living Dead in Dallas
2)Dead to the World
3)All Together Dead
4)Definitely Dead
Kali06

Post by Kali06 »

I am most desperately in love with the HBO series, I can only imagine how amazing the series would be. However if the series is like the tv show you have to take it for what it is which is a pretty trashy guilty pleasure that also has a lot of good acting and work put behind it to make an extremely entertaining experience.
ok1984

Post by ok1984 »

It's really addicting but so, so poorly written. It will make you cringe.
BookFanatic201

Post by BookFanatic201 »

the tv series is pretty much exactly the same as the book so if you like the show or you want to know what happens next you can skip a few books.
Krystie

Post by Krystie »

BookFanatic201 wrote:the tv series is pretty much exactly the same as the book so if you like the show or you want to know what happens next you can skip a few books.
I disagree. The books (especially the last ones) have almost nothing to do with the series.
There are different plots and even many different characters. Only the first 2 or 3 books are similar to the tv show.
Christina2

Post by Christina2 »

I've read this series from the very beginning when it just started out and loved it! Please don't compare the tv show with it because the book series is so much better. Characters/storyline changed with the tv show and I have no idea why. I really hate that the book series has come to an end.
Cll92814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cll92814.html

Post by Cll92814 »

I might be the only one, but this is one book series I actually had to stop reading because I couldn't push myself through it any longer. I'm sorry to the huge fans, I know most of my friends are, but I just couldn't take anything seriously.
Krystie

Post by Krystie »

What I really hated in the book series was the end! I mean, I was not satisfied with it.
The author knew exactly what the readers wanted (the heroine to end up with a specific guy, Eric) and she made her end up with another lame guy. No wonder why so many people hated the last book!
Also, I was getting the feeling that the main character didn't have deep feelings about the men she loved. I was expecting a little more depth and maybe a little more romantic action with her boyfriends.
Christina2

Post by Christina2 »

I haven't read the last book yet tho I have it. I'm going to reread the entire series when the next book comes out in Oct I believe that explains what happened afterwards (meaning the last book). At least that's what I think its about. I have the book in my Amazon cart for later order.

I can't remember his name, but if not Eric, I always thought she should end up with the bald guy who was a jaguar I believe. I liked him a lot.
Krystie

Post by Krystie »

Christina2 the bald guy was called Quinn and he was a weretiger. He was very nice. I liked him but I like Eric the most. I didn't know there's going to be a new book in the series. Are you sure?
Sally Balboa
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-balboa.html
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf

Post by Sally Balboa »

I love the HBO series, its so much more enertaining then the book series. When you read the books you can tell it was written by a lonely lady. Still I love the concept of the series as a whole. Its ggot some funny moments in it, my favorite is 'Ghost Daddy'. :lol: So I recommend the TV series but the books I don't recommend.
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf
GamecockMom

Post by GamecockMom »

I love the Sookie Stackhouse books. I'm an avid watcher of True Blood as well. I must say, I MUCH prefer the books. All the Lilith junk on the TV series is so stupid that it was hard for me to watch. Last year's season was awful. I had already decided that if this year's season was like last year, I would no longer watch. Fortunately, they came back stronger this year. But the books are still far and away better than the TV series, in my opinion.

I am sad to see the book series end and was particularly disappointed with who Sookie ended up with at the end of the last book. (I won't reveal it here in case others haven't read that yet.) What did you guys think of the last book?
Krystie

Post by Krystie »

GamecockMom I liked the books but I find the tv series to be more badass. Also I think the tv series has deeper story.
As for the last book, the author must was crazy to make sookie end up with the man she did.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”