Sookie Stackhouse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexsandra
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexsandra.html

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Alexsandra »

I love the movie's but have not read the book's , sound's like I need to check into them.:)
GeonnaMarie
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geonnamarie.html
Latest Review: "Breathing Life Into a Faded Heart" by A. Reece

Post by GeonnaMarie »

I absolutely loved the series! It was by far one of my favorites..the last couple books really disappointed me though. Don't even get me started on the ending!
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost.
Latest Review: "Breathing Life Into a Faded Heart" by A. Reece
kio
Favorite Author: Janet Evanovich
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vermore</a>
Bookshelf Size: 532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kio.html
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 2658

Post by kio »

I liked them a lot. I prefer Eric the most. yum is an accurate description as Pob75 put it :)
"Books are unique portable magic."-Stephen King
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
sweetmaggie1996

Post by sweetmaggie1996 »

I read the entire series and attempted to watch the show. I finally came to the conclusion that the show was only based on the characters and only loosely referenced actual events that happened in the Charlaine Harris book realm. I loved the books and really disliked the show, so realizing that they were different adaptations really helped.
reads-a-lot

Post by reads-a-lot »

I to am a Sookie Stackhouse fan. I would recommend her to anyone. Lets hope the series continues
for a long time.
Nikkih317
Favorite Author: Mira Grant
Favorite Book: feed
Currently Reading: all fall down Jennifer Weiner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkih317.html
fav_author_id: 2387

Post by Nikkih317 »

I have read all the sookie stackhouse books. I've also been a loyal true blood fan. The first few seasons of true blood followed closely along the books. Season 4 true blood went it's own way. They are now almost nothing alike. I used to love the books but in my opinion the last 3 or 4 could have been condensed to one or 2. Seems like charlaine Harris was just writing them to make money. I still read them though. Had to know what happened.
v8falcon
Favorite Book: Too many to choose from
Currently Reading: The Painted Girls

Post by v8falcon »

The books and the show are very different, I preferred the books and couldn't get into the HBO series. The only problem withthe series is that there are short stories that appear in other non-Sookie books that kind of mess with the story line in later books and if you didn't read it you will be slightly confused. If spelling mistakes get to you, you will notice them a lot in the later books of the series.
hannah_v
Currently Reading: Flawed
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-v.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper

Post by hannah_v »

i read the books before i watched the series and the books are by far better than the series, the series is almost nothing alike to the books
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
nwhite21

Post by nwhite21 »

I have read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I highly recommend this series. The series is based on the television show on HBO True Blood. However; the show is a little different the the book but it does follow along. I am sadden that the series have come to a end. I would recommend the book. For readers between the ages of 16 and ^. If you are not familiar with the series, it's about Vampires living amongst humans.
Lauryn April
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauryn-april.html

Post by Lauryn April »

I just started the first book in this series and I'm really loving the story. Sometimes the dialogue feels a little stiff to me, but the plot and the characters are fascinating. If you like vampires I would definitely recommend it. I also love that Sookie isn't too damsel-in-distress-y, she's a strong female character that still manages to be girly. I love her.
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

I loved the HBO TV series 'True blood' which was based on these books.... I really enjoyed it and I'm told the books are even better.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
Sciadoe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sciadoe.html

Post by Sciadoe »

I'm currently halfway through the fourth book in the Sookie Stackhouse series and, as a fan of the show, I'm not disappointed. It's a completely different universe actually but in a good way. I feel like the characters have a little more substance in the books than they do on the show, especially Sookie who really gets on my nerves on the show.
Kdecicco
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdecicco.html

Post by Kdecicco »

Book series is very different from the tv series......love them both for what they are......I've read books 1 thru 11 :P :twisted: :D
redmeg blog

Post by redmeg blog »

I highly recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series however there are a lot of books in that series so you need to be prepared to read all of them. You can tell that they are slightly old fashioned in the way that they are written which is unlike many modern books like those of John Green or Rainbow Rowell but other than that they are a great series of books!
kchedges

Post by kchedges »

Sookie Stackhouse is the kind of main character I cant stand to read about, naive and unable to protect herself and or others.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”