Sookie Stackhouse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TanaCarder1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanacarder1.html

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Post by TanaCarder1 »

Just finished the first ten books. I'm aad my library doesn't have the rest as ebooks. I like them.
rkelena2

Post by rkelena2 »

The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris is stupid good! I guarantee that she is a heroine that you will fall in love with! I will agree to her being so stubborn at times, she get's in her own way. But still, this series is not a of time. Now, I've read all of the books and I watch the series on HBO. While the book has more detail, the tv series is insanely good. I recommend that you watch the series on HBO and read the books. You won't be disappointed! But if you would just like to read the books, you'll still be satisfied with your purchase. I give the entire series 5 out of 5 stars!
mandysandy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandysandy.html

Post by mandysandy »

I too watched the series before I began reading the series. I had heard that the books were amazing, so I went ahead and purchased the entire series. I read the first 3, which I thought were amazing, and then life got in the way. I have started reading a different book lately, but I do intend to finish the Sookie series!
jamiegilt
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamiegilt.html

Post by jamiegilt »

The HBO series is awesome! I just started reading the first book, and there are some differences but not many. However, from what I've heard, the books are completely different than the show. I really hope so. I'm just so sad that the show ended, but at least I have the books now!
anna0728

Post by anna0728 »

I loved it!
khaleesireina
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaleesireina.html

Post by khaleesireina »

So I'm on the last book of the series. I love Sookie and I'm trying to read slowly to drag out the day I finish the series. Lol
JHeileman
Favorite Author: Kim Harrison
Favorite Book: Hollows Series
Currently Reading: Expected Returns On Major Asset Classes
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jheileman.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 4193

Post by JHeileman »

I have read all of these books and watched the television series all the way through, and I have to say the books are much better in story line and details. The character quality is undeniable, and you know its worth your time when you can read 348 pages in less than 12 hours!! I am unsure of how it ended because it could have went several ways, but I can say I wasn't entirely disappointed either. I would highly recommend this series to anyone who loves supernatural creatures intermixing with humans... and the fact that it's in the South is a bonus for some of us in relatability. 4 our of 5 stars...beautiful and magical.
Wyked1323

Post by Wyked1323 »

SPOILERS**I loved all of the Sookie Stackhouse books, but I was glad for some of the ways that HBO made the story different. 1. I am glad that Lafayette didn't die right away! 2. I'm glad that Sookie didn't end up with Sam - they weren't right of each other - though the way the show ended - with Sookie attached to some faceless stranger - was equally weird. 3. I thought that HBO made the Marianne character much more intriguing that the books did. Lastly - Tara. She is not an important character in the books. She was GREAT in the series and I am so glad they decided to expand her character! I was sorry to see both the books AND the show come to an end, though the end of the show was much more poetic than the end of books.
davidhan

Post by davidhan »

I love the Sookie Stackhouse series. I have to say the first few books somewhat goes along with the Television series, however; after that they don't as well. Despite me liking them I must say that the story plot can get a little repetitive. She does a lot of the same things over and over again. and each time it's just with a different creature. That being said they are still good, and I still like the Television show as well.
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Post by SharisseEM »

Started out great and then it just grew dull. I guess because I grew supportive of certain characters and she ended up with someone completely unexpected that the ending for both the show and tv series left me pretty disappointed. The book was all right because she ended up with one of her main suitors and the one who has been there since the very beginning but in the tv series, she ends up with none of them. Still the series was good until I felt like the author was just writing for the sake of writing... Just my opinion.
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

You guys are peaking my interest.....now I want to read this series! I started reading Dead as a Doornail a few years ago and got sidetracked by other books I was reading at the time. I am going to the library today so am going to look for the first book in the series, Dead Until Dark.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
lovebooks2read
Currently Reading: Raintree: Sanctuary
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovebooks2read.html

Post by lovebooks2read »

I have yet to read the series. I have watched the HBO television series True Blood and quite enjoyed it. Rather racy so kids should not be around when you are watching, lol!!! I know that the book series is the next thing on my list to start reading!
AQMccord3

Post by AQMccord3 »

I have only read the first one as of now, and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the rest :)
t+vaughn
Favorite Author: Eric Jerome Dickey
Favorite Book: A thousand splendid suns
Currently Reading: The Perfect Crime
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-vaughn.html
fav_author_id: 9072

Post by t+vaughn »

I have watched every season of True Blood and loved it! I am eager to start reading these, since the books are always better than television or movies in my experience.
jmeza10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmeza10.html

Post by jmeza10 »

I've watched the show and read the books. They are both very different but interesting to read/watch, so i would recommend doing both if you have the time.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”