Sookie Stackhouse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
blue6991
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Post by blue6991 »

Sookie Stackehouse had to be one of the most amazing vampire/shifters/fairy books I have ever read. These are not your average vamp books, like the teen hit Twilight Saga. Sookie is more of an adult based book. It leaves you breathless and you end up feeling connections to the characters as if they were real life. If you have watched the TV series and are imaging the books the same then you are sorely mistake. The Stackhouse series in my opinion are a lot better than how they portray them on HBO. I love all the characters. I have to admit that her last one was at all like the others. It seemed as if she was just trying to tie all her loose ends together. Basically seems like everyone was out to get her and she couldn't turn around without someone trying to murder her. The other books draw you in and wait till the last minute to take you by surprise. And as for the last one it just seemed like every other chapter she was about to die. Overall i believe you should give the series a chance. You won’t regret it!
Tiffy325

Post by Tiffy325 »

Quinn is awesome, but I agree its a toss up between Eric and Quinn.
The Sookie Stackhouse series is a good quick read, and you fall in love with all the characters.
arparish82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arparish82.html

Post by arparish82 »

LOVE LOVE LOVE did I say LOVE the Sookie Stackhouse books. I will stand by and recommend this series to anyone that will listen. I actually got so upset during this series after I finally discovered it. I read them way to fast, and was very impatient having to wait a whole year to get the next one. This is a MUST READ!!! If you like or don't like the True Blood show on HBO, please do not let that sway you against reading the books. They are so different.
YollyDV
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yollydv.html

Post by YollyDV »

I loved reading this series but I just wish that it had a different ending. It is not a waste of time but prepare yourself for the ending.
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

I tried reading the first of the Sookie Stackhouse books, but I gave up on it not even halfway through. The voice of Sookie, especially in first-person narration, was in a way so immature I had a hard time remembering that she's twenty-five and not a teenager. Some of the dialogue was also delivered in a way that was not believable. I'm sorry I could't finish the book - the premise was really interesting and was what caught my attention in the first place.
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
SherriLynn

Post by SherriLynn »

I love the whole series of the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. The books and tv series were very similar for the first few seasons but after that things changed drastically. The books were definitely better than the tv series by a long shot. The tv series ends this summer and the last book has already been released and you finally get to find out who Sookie Stackhouse ends up with. I would love to hear from people who have read her other series of novels. I would love to know if there is anything paranormal about them or how good they are.
amfrancis
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amfrancis.html

Post by amfrancis »

I loved the Sookie Stackhouse Series, however, I found that by the time I got to book 10, it felt more like the Author was trying to just finish the series. I made it through but it just felt like it was a mad dash to finish out her contract. I wish she had put more effort into the ending
Inishowen_Cailin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inishowen-cailin.html

Post by Inishowen_Cailin »

I loved the Sookie Stackhouse series. The tv series is completely different but I enjoy the humour in both of them.
SherriLynn

Post by SherriLynn »

I know some or a lot of people are unhappy with the author for the ending the books got but I for one saw it coming since the first book and can't believe so many other people just assumed otherwise because that is the way the books were leaning. I do unfortunately agree with some people saying that the last few books seemed rushed and like she didn't care how the book ended but I for one was extremely happy and wouldn't have been if she had ended it another way.
CMcGee
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmcgee.html
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by CMcGee »

I have read the Sookie Stackhouse series and read through it so fast that it may be one of the series of books that I might actually be willing to read again. And once I saw the series after reading the books, I found that it was really not the same on tv as in the readings. I am glad to find that Charlaine Harris has another series called "Shakespeare's Landlord" and am looking forward to getting into those.
super_howls
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-super-howls.html

Post by super_howls »

I need to get back to this series. I've read about eight of the books and they really are nothing like the series. Love both, but the books are way more coherent and less silly.
daphnejburdick

Post by daphnejburdick »

I have to agree with vamp666 and say that the books are way better than the T.V. show. The books are great and Charlaine Harris is an amazing author. The characters are well developed and very real. I have always wanted to go to Lousianna and after reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels I really have to see this state. I am real excited to see if anyone has been smart enough to open a real Fangtasia in Shreveport. Anyway the people and places seem so real that I have to go and see. You will not be disappointed with the books.
randomcheerio
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomcheerio.html

Post by randomcheerio »

I loved the first four or five books but after that it just felt like the books got progressively worse; each one feeling more rushed and thrown together than the previous. I tried to keep reading because the series really has endearing characters but I stopped after then 10th (?) book.
xanadu0324
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xanadu0324.html

Post by xanadu0324 »

I highly recommend that you choose one or the other when it comes to True Blood vs. Sookie books. I personally just cannot read a book and then watch a movie/tv show that changes it so much! Then again, if I watch the show/movie first, I have a hard time reading the books!
Some are okay, like the Devil Wears Prada, was pretty close to the book. Others, however, I spent the whole time yelling at the screen, or questioning the author.
TJsmama
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjsmama.html

Post by TJsmama »

Loved this series! Unfortunately, I saw which way the dust would settle around Dead Reckoning and didn't bother reading the last two and stuck with SVM fanfic for my E/S HEA :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”